TAT CN Header

Monday, October 23, 2006

Post-Hangover

So yesterday was painful.

I ended up sleeping almost the entire day, and did not technically get out of bed until about 4 pm. At that time, I got up and managed to make some use of the day by cleaning the house, doing the laundry and helping with dinner, but by 7, I was exhausted again and was back in bed. (I do recall at the gathering that I boasted I had not been sick from drinking since my bachelorette party -- a year ago -- so the lesson? Never make a declaration like that while guzzling down two bottles of red wine.)

The most disappointing thing about yesterday's illness was that I missed my run; I was so dehydrated and sick that I didn't feel up to any kind of physical exertion. So last week tops the training so far for bad runner status, and that means that this week I have to get my shit together and stick to this week's schedule.

On a side note, I am struggling through a PowerBar that is absolutely disgusting. I keep trying to nibble at it, but I think I'm going to pitch it -- yuck!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Ah Jess, you will be back in the training mode this week. I didn't get sick but had a headache until about 11am yesterday. After that I moved in slow motion. Just think, you have a Halloween party next Saturday, maybe you should schedule your long run for that morning rather than Sunday-you know you will have an excuse otherwise :-)

Jenny said...

Ugh, you gotta love those 24 hour hangovers :-( I hope you manage to get back on track this week.

JustJunebug said...

yeah thats pretty much why i quit drinking.

i did have ONE beer on Saturday and if you knew me a year ago, you wouldnt believe that.

and i really didnt even want that, but i felt peer pressure. at my age!!

Nicole said...

I think we all make those same mistakes. But don't worry you'll get back on track.

teacherwoman said...

Hopefully you are feeling better now! As to the powerbar....I can't seem to find one that I like...AT ALL! YUCKS.. Good luck with the running this week!