TAT CN Header

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Taking Kid Pics: A Mission Impossible

Getting one kid to look when you're taking a picture is a fate best left to chance; getting more than one kid to look at the camera at the same time?  Yeah, that's like this "Frankenstorm" -- happens once a century, I imagine.
 
 
Evidence?  Pics from today. 
 
Here are Norah (shorter version of Wedding Rapunzel) and Caleb (Spiderman) with their friends for a Halloween party today: I think each kid in each of these pics is looking in a separate direction.
 



So, you'd think the task might be easier if the numbers were reduced down to two, but nope, just as elusive a task.  This afternoon, we carved pumpkins, and I tried getting a few pics with the kids and their pumpkins.

Maybe because I watched the first half hour of "Talledega Nights" last night when it was on TV, but Norah, below, reminds me of Ricky Bobby in his first interview: "I don't know what to do with my hands!"



I tried taking Caleb's nook away, and this prompted him to come after me to retrieve it.


Jerry's pumpkin carving skills are impressive, but clearly distracting. (In case you can't tell, Jerry carved the Spiderman and Tinker Bell pumpkins and I did the artistically wonderous one on Caleb's lower left -- with triangle eyes and the "O" for a mouth.  Yes, my skillz are unmatched.)


And, sometimes, Norah just purposely ignores me when I'm taking pictures.  She can be a real gem.


And believe it or not, the above few with just Norah and Caleb were the product of bribery.  Yes, they each got a sucker for that performance.  If it weren't for suckers, I'd not manage any pics at all!

5 comments:

Erin said...

At least you carved pumpkins. I secretly like to keep them in tact for Thanksgiving. I asked Ryan about carving them and he said no, leave them. I did a little jig.

I will send you my pics. I had some success with Norah and Rylee together.

Agate Lake Girl said...

I'll post and send my pics too. I got a couple cute ones of Norah. My large group shots are pretty similar to yours though! :)

Julie D said...

He he... nice job rounding them up. And look, Norah a bride already!!

Unknown said...

If you have an iPhone there is an App called GroupShot that allows you to "blend" two photos together to create one good one. As an example you could copy in the face of Caleb onto the picture where he is looking away and Norah is looking at you. I think the app cost $.99

If you don't have an iPhone then I have just been one of those annoying iPhoner useres that assume everyone has one and shares all that you can do on it as if it is the best thing in the world. Sorry...maybe there is an Android app for that :P

Happy Halloween.

Erica R said...

Nice posst thanks for sharing