But now, as an adult, I think Thanksgiving, and the resulting 4 day weekend, is one of my favorite holidays! So, I'm stoked for it to get started already -- I, like my students, will be excited to be done with class this afternoon. What's up for the weekend? Well, a few fun, fabulous things:
- Turkey Trot! Yay! Best 5K of the year. Won't be much of a "race" for me this year, but I love running it no matter what.
- Turkey Dinner! Bring on the calories: I'm back to my pre-preggo weight (disclaimer: NOT pre-preggo shape) so I don't feel too guilty indulging in carbs covered in fat. Yummers.
- Wedding Anniversary on Friday! Celebrating 6 years with the Jer-Bear. We have a babysitter and we're going out! And, we'll probably be home by 10 ;)
- Christmas decorating! Jerry has been itching to put up the tree and Christmas decor for at least a week now, so I'm sure that 7 am, Friday morning, our house will be an ornament-strewn wonderland.
- Other Christmas extravaganzas! I think we're planning to do our gingerbread houses, some cookie baking, and some light-seeing this weekend as well. Jerry and I are practically frantic to enjoy this Christmas season since I think this year Norah will really "get it." We're introducing the concept of Santa (and cross our fingers for the potential good-behavior Santa-bribery), and I think it's gonna be super-duper fun.
I echo your sentiments on this holiday for many of the same reasons. I have been a festive shopper today. I bought some final fixin's for tomorrow's feast, got some holiday shopping done, and am also itching to put up my holiday decor. I think that's waiting until Monday though (my last day off).
Congrats on your anniversary! I could have babysat for you guys and saved you some dough. Next time you need a sitter, remember I can do it.
Sounds like just about the perfect weekend planned! Happy Thanksgiving!
I know I can't wait too!! I love this time of year. Enjoy all your fun you have planned and Have a Happy Anniversary!
I've got the itch to put up the tree too, but, as we're moving soon, I'll have to wait on that task. I love tromping out to the tree farm and hacking down a perfectly alive tree to make it my ornament for a month. Happy Thanksgiving and good luck on your trot. Cheers!
Happy Thanksgiving! Happy Celebrating! :)
Ah yes, the ol' Santa Bribery. The one question is once they understand Santa, how far out can you use the "you better be good - Santa is watching" ploy. The fact that Christmas sales and such begin much earlier may work to your advantage.
Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your Thanksgiving long weekend!
Ditto for me too. You should check out the guy's place near us. He should have his winter wonderland up by now and Norah would love it!
Happy anniversary! Enjoy your holiday plans. Sounds great.
Hey Jess...I got your facebook message the other day, rather than send another message that disappears into the internet, I figured you would probably see this comment. I didn't run the HM in Boca.
I'm not running too much right now, was having some pain, but I'm planning to start again in January...I'm sure your schedule is more complicated than mine, but we can try to work something out for next year (and I'll run a few times to see where I am fitness/distance wise).
Your kids are adorable, too. And happy anniversary.
My email hasn't changed, shoot me an email when you have a chance.
Post a Comment