TAT CN Header

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Finally, Some Running to Report!

First of all, Caleb had his 1 month check up this morning, and he checked in as a BEEFCAKE: 11 lbs, 6 oz, and he measured 23 and 1/4 inches in length.  He gained close to 4 lbs and grew 2 and 1/4 inches -- that's a lot of growin' for one month!  But, at this point in his development, that's his main job, so I guess he gets a gold star for that one.
I too had a dr. check up today: My post-partum exam, and everything is healing up just dandy so I got the green light to return to running.  So, tonight after Norah was in bed, I dusted off my running clothes, charged up the iPod, and pulled out my shiny new kicks that I got for my birthday back in April:
I only ran 2 miles, and it was a tough two miler (my last run was about 5 months ago, so it was kinda like starting from scratch), but it was glorious!  Here I am post-run: Sweaty and happy!

20 comments:

Lisa said...

Awesome! Returning is so hard, but so gratifying. I remember coming back from a break (medical) and feeling like I was starting from scratch too. Then suddenly, you're back. You don't know when it exactly happens, but it does. Let it come to you :)

fancy nancy said...

You'll be back in no time! I'm so glad to hear that Mr. Caleb is getting so big!!!

MCM Mama said...

Way to grow that boy!

I ran 1 mile today and thought to myself that the last time running was this hard (and this slow) was after I had Shoo. You'll probably come back faster than I am...

lee said...

Woo hoo! Glad you were able to get back out there.

James said...

Welcome back. I'm sure you'll be back in shape in no time.

Anonymous said...

You look happy indeed!

Julie D said...

First two miles, then 20, right?! Kidding! Ha ha... I weaned off of running and my runs these days are 4-6 MAX, so in many ways, I am starting over too.

Good job to the boy on his growth!

Unknown said...

Jealous! Glad you got out for a run though - lucky girl!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Awesome job on the run!! You will be back at it in no time! I am so impressed by your drive to get back out there!!
Caleb is such a cutie!!

MNFirefly said...

Sweeeet! Nice job on getting back out there!

Anonymous said...

You cannot deny that you enjoyed the profuse sweatiness of a humidity filled Florida run!

Amber said...

Holy breastmilk, that is some serious growing!! I think in that first month my kiddo only managed like 2 lbs, wow!

And congrats on your return to running. I know how good it feels, mentally, and of course the physical will follow!

Erin said...

Congrats on both checkups. That's great! Too bad you picked the hottest time of year to return to running. That means you deserve the gold star.

Jess said...

Yay for being able to get back to running! You'll definitely build back up your speed and endurance quickly!

Unknown said...

Yay for being able to get back out there running. :-)

SavvyFitChica said...

Congrats on your first run back & congrats on having a healthy little guy! he's so stinkin' cute!

Robin said...

Yay!! Kudos for getting back out there so quickly!

RunningLaur said...

yay! I'm sure starting back at it during the hot hot humid summer can only make you that much tougher too. :)

Krissy said...

Nice!! That first run is SO hard but you feel like your old self again to a certain extent and it is awesome!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Little beefcake is so cute! Glad you are both healthy. Yeah for first runs!