TAT CN Header

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Looks Like Caleb Wants to be a June Baby

Not a May baby.

I had a doctor appointment this morning, accompanied by an ultrasound, and while I am now 2 cm, instead of just a measly 1 cm, dilated, there's still not much progress, so while it is still possible for me to go into labor on my own in the next day or so, it is unlikely.  Thus, induction.  Once again.

So, the plan is that I'll go check into the hospital tomorrow evening, and they'll start me on the first stage of the induction, which is Cervidil, and then Thursday morning begins the Pitocin.  Most likely, then, he'll be born on Thursday, June 2nd.

I pretty much feel as I did when we confirmed that I'd be induced with Norah: Disappointed and frustrated that I'm not going into natural labor, but relieved that there is an end in sight.  And the one advantage of induction is knowing when I'll be headed to the hospital, which is especially nice since we have to arrange for care for Norah since my mom flies home tomorrow. 

Plus, I'll know to really savor my sleep tonight!

In other miscellaneous news: Caleb barely passed his biophysical ultrasound.  They needed him to kick or punch a certain number of times within a 30 minute timeframe, and he really didn't wanna.  I had to move around and poke my belly a ton to get him to do the bare minimum (he was either sleeping or is just an extremely lazy boy).  However, morning is not usually when he's bumping around in there -- he tends to be a "night mover" so my guess is we were disrupting his morning womb nap.  But, this just confirmed that he's too dang comfy in there!

But, his HR is great and he doesn't seem to be under any stress, so that's good for a post-date baby.  And, the u/s estimated him to be 8 lbs 5 oz (again, could be off one way or another, but the dr. said she'd estimate him right around the 8 lbs mark -- we'll see come Thursday, I guess).  As for me, my BP, pulse, weight, etc all remain steady too, so despite my mental frustration, my body is totally chill with having him go post-term.

So, that's about all I can report: Most likely headed to the hospital tomorrow night, and we're expecting a Thursday baby!

20 comments:

Julie D said...

Well, so much for that massage...

Hope his nighttime activity doesn't translate once he's out...

Best wishes to you and your growing family soon!!!

Marlene said...

Your womb must be REALLY comfy! Good luck tomorrow and Thursday!

JojaJogger said...

Good luck to you all.

fancy nancy said...

Good luck to you!!! I know it is not what you wanted....I was induced and then had to have a c-section but at the end of the day you have your baby nice and healthy!!

bobbi said...

Good luck! (I had to go through the induction hoopla with all 4 of my kids. some uteruses (uteri??) are just nicer than others I guess)

BrianFlash said...

Good luck!

heathermareed said...

can i ask why if you're dissapointed and frustrated that you're not going into natural labor, that you can't give it more time? is it your doctor's suggestion? I went back and read the post from when you were induced with nora and that's what it sounds like. i know you and caleb will be perfectly fine with the plan the way it is, but with my doctors they were going to let me go the full 2 weeks post due date (i went into labor late on day 7 post and had her day 8). could you have waited a full week? i know it's just longer in that miserable south FL heat, but you'd still have a deadline. just wondering since i don't think you should go into childbirth with feelings of dissapointment :( at any rate, as i said, this is a perfectly wonderful plan and happy to know we'll soon have news of caleb's arrival!

Erin said...

Man, makes me want to hang out inside your womb and take a nap if it's that comfy! (that probably sounds really gross but I think you get my reasoning)

Glad you are both healthy and doing well. Now just translate that into a good labor like Norah and you will be all set.

Don't worry about the Norah care. We are flexible and you know she and Miller will have a blast with each other.

Unknown said...

Good luck! Will be thinking of you all. Can't wait to hear the good news of his arrival.

Unknown said...

I've had both natural labour and an induction and don`t feel like you`re missing out on anything. They both pretty much felt and progressed in the same way anyways. Besides, if your baby is rumoured to be big, an induction is WAYYYYYYYY better than waiting for him and letting him get even bigger! Good luck! We`ll be thinking of you!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I have been stalking. I was hoping for new of labor. I don't mean to say sorry but I do wish you could have gone on your own. You've been down this road so you know everything will be fine. Enjoy that sleep. I'll be praying for you and Caleb.

Krissy said...

so glad to hear you and baby are still healthy! Enjoy these last moments at home and your normal routine, when you get home with Caleb the first few nights are hectic, it takes a few days to get back on schedule for everyone! That was the weirdest thing for us over here but after that first week things just fit into place :)

Lee said...

I just clicked on your blog thinking that he was here! Hope he gets here soon!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Guess you are a really good baby baker! Wishing you lots of luck with the induction and can't wait to see the lil' guy!

MCM Mama said...

Fingers crossed for an easy induction and a baby early in the day on Thursday! Good luck!

MNFirefly said...

Crossing my fingers for you tomorrow night. ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

So excited for you guys. Can't wait to see cute little Caleb pics come Thursday (or as soon as you can get them posted!). Good luck with the delivery.

Shannon

Dixiechick said...

Good luck! Will be thinking of you and wishing you and the baby the best of luck!

Robin said...

Good Luck! How exciting that Caleb will be here soon!

Heather said...

Hope all goes well at the hospital - good luck!