TAT CN Header

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Better Than Nuthin

This morning, Norah slept until 7:20. It. was. awesome! Of course, the extra sleep meant that we didn't get out for our run at the normal time, and because I was afflicted with a case of slow, it was 8:30 before we were headed out for our run. Which is too late and too hot. So, I choose a two mile path that remains shady the entire way, and that's what we did: 2 miles.

With these small 1 and 2 milers this week, I am really racking up the single digit mileage. 4 days worth of runs so far this week and my mileage has totaled 8 miles. Pitiful. However, I figure that even those these short runs don't add up to much, they still add up to SOMEthing. If I weren't pursuing this streak, I would have simply skipped running on a day like today.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

And by August you'll be saying "only 90 degrees and 90% humidity..."

Marlene said...

They definitely count for something and they gradually add up. I'm sure the sleep-in was worth it!

Wes said...

ya, I was gonna say, the actual mileage is secondary to your goal...

:-)

Lily on the Road said...

you're on target, good for you! Glad little Norah had a sleep in, must mean she's growing again!

Anonymous said...

Good for you for getting out there! We've lucked out in the heat depot a little here in TX the last two weeks, though the humidity (as you mentioned in your last post) is still gross!! I love this streak you're doing. Maybe as summer winds down, if I need a little nudge I'll follow suit ;)

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it in the heat - when I visit Florida I can't even walk outside!

RunningLaur said...

exactly, something's better than nothing. and the streak continues!!

ajh said...

I admire you for getting out there in the heat!

Jess said...

They definitely count for something even if it's only a few miles here and there!

N.D. said...

2 miles sounds manageable in the heat. Nice job. the sleeping in makes my day!

Krissy said...

You are doing awesome keeping up with your goal & you live in Florida you totally get extra points for that! The humidity must be terrible this time of year, I tried running in the Dominican outdoors on our resort while on vacation and I simply couldn't, I had to do all indoor treadmil work. Kudos to you!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Any run is better than no run ~ at least for me. Great job getting out there and doing it out of your routine time!

Crissy Rae said...

8 miles is much better than nada so you're still lookin good in my book!

Heather said...

Isn't it funny how you get so excited about sleeping in until 7:30? Sophie occasionally now sleeps until 8:00 on weekends if she gets to bed later and it feels like sleeping in until noon used to. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to enjoy that extra time in the morning! Each mile counts!

sRod said...

Good work keeping up the streak! A run is a run no matter how long (to borrow from Dr. Seuss).