TAT CN Header

Sunday, December 20, 2009

9 Miler and Some Laughs

Yesterday, Norah laughed out loud for the first time while watching Scooter and Jerry wrestle. It was so cute -- kinda like a Beavis and Butthead laugh (heh-heh-heh-heh) -- and we laughed every time she did. Today, Jerry got her to repeat her laughs, so I quickly whipped out the video camera and taped it. She was laughing more before I pulled out the camera, but you get the gist of it from this.

Cute, right?

In actual running news, I got out for a 9 miler this morning, and as predicted, the temperature had dropped over night and it was only in the mid-50s when I set out around 9 am. Perfect running weather, except for the strong headwind I was running into for the first half of the run. But, once I turned around and had the wind to my back, the going was much easier, and I finished it up in 1:34:18 for an average pace of 10:29/mile.

Tonight, it's supposed to get even colder for an overnight low of 47 degrees! People, that is friggin' COLD for South Florida, and I fully expect to spot people in parkas tomorrow.

As for myself, I was planning a morning run tomorrow and I think I might have to pull out my capris and a long sleeve tech shirt. It's actually kind of exciting to get to wear those running items -- I only get to use them once or twice a year!

20 comments:

Carly said...

There is nothing cuter than baby giggles.

Great job on the 9 miler!

RunnerGirl said...

Great video!

teacherwoman said...

That is too cute!

Nice work on the 9 miler... sounds a bit chill down there!

N.D. said...

9 miles! great job! that is so cute :)

X-Country2 said...

Too cute! Great run.

SavvyFitChica said...

I'm not sure which is cuter- your daughter, or the fact that your hubby is obviously smitten by her and a loving father.

What a great video!

nice job on the 9-miler!

Anonymous said...

I love when the mild temps of the upper forties or lower fifties hit Houston. Specifically for the runners who are bundled under so many layers they'd be able to go ice fishing in Minnesota during a Nor'Easter!

fancy nancy said...

Great job on your 9 miler! Don't you just love baby belly laughs?!

Wes said...

You guys bundle up!!

Krissy said...

I am laughing at what you wear when you run, I wear long yoga pants or running tights, racerback tanktop, long sleeve t-shirt & a track jacket! Oh yeah and gloves/ear muffs when I need to. I wish I could just go out in shorts & a tank top all year !

Norah is adorable in that video!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Long sleeve tech shirt! You poor thing, running in those frigid conditions. I could never do that! You're a running animal...........HA

Katie A. said...

Those giggles are precious!
Awesome run, too girly!!
Have fun in your winter gear :)

Heather said...

I love the little baby laugh! So cute.

Nice job on the 9 miler!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

How great! Those first "real" exchanges. It is so exciting to see their personalities grow.

I have to laugh at your cold temps. (It's all relative, huh?) This morning I was wearing my cold weather Under Armour long sleeve, my long sleeve nike dry fit AND my polar winter fleece AND my winter weight running pants with an insulation layer!

I envy your 9 miles with air actually getting to touch you. Enjoy your cold snap.

Carolina John said...

cute? try adorable.

endurance comes before speed. nice job on the 9 miler. you'll be flying through miles again before you know it if you keep that up.

Anonymous said...

The video is so cute. Jerry seems like such an awesome dad!

Nice job on the 9! You are building up nicely.

Unknown said...

Sweet video, and great job on your 9 miler!!

Erin said...

Not only is Norah adorable but Jerry ending it with the I Love You was precious. Yes, precious. :)

Agate Lake Girl said...

I don't know who was cuter - Norah or Jerry!

Ellie said...

Looks like you had a very merry Christmas! Can you check out mine (the schaub family) at www.ellieschaub.blogspot.com? Thanx!