TAT CN Header

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Dr Apt and a 3 Miler

This afternoon, I had a doctor's appointment, and everything checked up well.

My weight was good (I've gained 11 lbs so far); my blood pressure was good (106/70); the baby's heartbeat was strong and steady; and yeah...I guess that's about it. The whole appointment took about 5 minutes. 10 tops.

So I go back in another 4 weeks to repeat. And in 6 weeks, I have to do the glucose screening (drink super sugary drink, draw blood, see how well my body metabolizes the sugar -- it's a precursor to screening for gestational diabetes -- I don't fall into any standard risk for GD, but the screening is standard practice now).

After the dr apt, Jerry and I came home and changed into our running stuff and then headed out for a 3 miler. A "cold" front moved in to South Florida last night, so the temp was only about 70 degrees when we ran, and it was a nice break from the heat we ran in over the weekend. Jerry brought along the Garmin, so I got to once again see the digits, which were surprisingly close to the last time I ran with he and Garmy, 33:28. An average pace of 11:06/mile.

Good to know I haven't gotten any slower.

19 comments:

Aron said...

glad the appt went well :)

Anonymous said...

I hated that glucose screening! it was like drinking super sweetened fanta...but if you like sweet drinks you're all set. Glad it all went well- for me it was always uneventful as well...except my weight gain was through the roof.

Jess said...

Glad the appointment went well! You have a great BP! I know people who aren't pregnant who's BP is way higher than that!

runner26 said...

sounds like everything is going well. i'm still impressed @ the pregnant running ;)

Lily on the Road said...

Everything sounds wonderful, except you are scaring me with your reading choices! LOL...is this hormonal?

LMAO...zombies...LOL...

Erin said...

I don't have a Garmin but I even time my distance when I walk. I have a 2 mile loop that I can do in 30 minutes. It takes longer if Annie has to poo or we get attacked by other dogs. Now, if I had to run 2 miles...I would be looking at your 3 mile digits! The cooler weather was a nice surprise after the suddent summer onset. Keep up the good runs.

Erin said...

Oh, and hopefully they give you the clear stuff. Chill that mother and slam it. It's the only way to go.

Aka Alice said...

I remember the glucose beverage as being a super-duper sweet orange soda...which I actually liked!

continues to be awesome that you're still running :-)

teacherwoman said...

So glad to hear you had a short and sweet doctor appointment!

lifestudent said...

I sweets (including beverages like Fanta & Crush) but that glucose stuff is icky. Like a PP suggested ... make sure its cold. REALLY cold. And slam it. Dont stop drinking it cuz you wont be able to start again ;)

X-Country2 said...

Another great appointment. Happy to hear all is well.

Laura said...

Glad everything is going well! Just wanted to leave a quick comment to let you know how much I enjoy your blog!

Shannon said...

The last time I remember doing the glucose screening was when I found out I was having a boy! Then after we ate Italian for lunch, the things you remember when someone mentions "Glucose Screening."

I'll get your music out this weekend.....

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things went well at the doctors. Hope you guys make it through the cold front.

Carly said...

Glad everything is going well. I remember the glucose test....tasted like orange pop.

Carolina John said...

Cool! a good doctor's visit is always a relief. 11 lbs seems a little light for 22 weeks though. be sure you're eating enough.

Marlene said...

Yay for another positive dr. appointment. Good job on the run, too.

Wes said...

Sweet! :-)

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that your doctor's appointment went well.