TAT CN Header

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Lazy Day

The game was fun last night; although, admittedly, I watched very little of it. I mostly drank, enjoyed the food and socialized. This morning, I felt fine, and was supposed to meet up with Erin and Ryan for the Humane Society Dog Walk (a fundraising event in which participants bring their dogs, go for a short walk, and procedes go to the county's humane society), but as I was lying in bed, the idea of getting up, driving downtown, parking, etc just wasn't appealing. However, the idea of lying in bed longer was appealing, so I called and told them that Scooter and I were sleeping in.

I can't tell you how glorious it was.

And really, I spent the whole day today doing nothing, and it was everything I hoped it could be. Jerry and I had breakfast on the back porch, I read, I napped, I read some more, napped some more, made a nice dinner and am now planning on perhaps some more reading and then going to bed early.

For about 2 months now, I don't think I've had a weekend where I didn't have something going on -- company, a race, out of town, a social event, etc -- and enjoying a lazy day is all I've been craving lately. So today has been very satisfying: I feel more rested and relaxed than I have since Christmas break, ahhhhhh....

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Hope whatever book you are reading is a page turner.

Wes said...

It was one of those kind a days. I took a nap today too, after getting up at 6 AM to run. I feel mahhhvelous :-)

Erin said...

Glad you caught up with a day of rest but Annie missed Scooter this morning at the dog walk. It was much cooler than last year and we had a good time. Maybe next year Scooter will go with Annie and LBF.

MNFirefly said...

Doing nothing sounds awesome! Enjoy!

Mendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David said...

"And really, I spent the whole day today doing nothing, and it was everything I hoped it could be."

Uh, yeah. Peter, we've been doing some, uh, cutting back lately. So, we're going to go ahead and, uh, need you to come in on Saturday, and sorta play "catch-up". M'kay?

Glad you had a battery recharge day! I'm sure Scotter enjoyed it, too.

SuperLindsRuns said...

I have to admit I have been a lurker of yours for months now. I love your blog! And envy your life...especially the wonderful day you had today. Be prepared to see more of me as this lurker finally comes out of hiding! :-)

teacherwoman said...

These are my plans for today... I have already finished a book and now plan to take a brief nap before heading out for groceries!

Have a great day!

Rich said...

And to think you have that stressful spring break coming up. How terrible.

RunnerGirl said...

I love those kind of days . . . I need one about once a month to help me recharge. Glad you got to relax and enjoy your day!

J~Mom said...

I am so jealous!!!!! I am going to take a couple of those days during spring break!! They are so refreshing!!!!!

Unknown said...

I can appreciate you needing one of those days.

Sadly for me, I had too many of them when I was sick...so it was a day of getting things done for me. :)

MN Mom said...

Aren't lazy days wonderful?! I am so glad you had a chance to share it with the two wonderful men in your life. Wouldn't it be great if you could have one of those days every month...just to re-energize the soul?

Mary Gee said...

Sounds like a much needed wonderful day of rest.

Marcy said...

I am soooo jealous! I REALLY need a couple of those in my life LOL Glad you got that rest, chica ;D

Unknown said...

Lazy days are good!

Crissy Rae said...

I love the lazy days when you have no one to see and nothing to do. Sounds like you had a very nice and relaxing day. Enjoy your new shuffle...what a nice raffle gift!