TAT CN Header

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Back to a Schedule

Today was my first run since the marathon a week ago. According to Hal Higdon, you can begin running again after a marathon three days after the race, but I wasn't that ambitious. I decided to take a full week off because, well, because I wanted to. I haven't had a full week off of running in a long time, and it was relaxing and rejuvenating to take some time away from near daily running.

I went 3 miles today, nice and slow, and despite the fact that I got rained on a little, it was a good run.

I also planned out a schedule for myself for the next 7 weeks in order to prepare for the next three races I have on my list: the primary race being the half marathon on February 18th. It was nice to enjoy a little time off after the marathon, but it's even nicer being a girl with a plan.

Alrighty, I'm off to a birthday bowling extravaganza this afternoon -- cross your fingers for my game, I haven't played since league ended last August!

3 comments:

runner26 said...

You are definitely taking the right approach to marathon recovery! Taking a week off is a great idea--at least I've found it to be. Otherwise you risk injury and disappointment if you push yourself. Also, lining up goals helps you keep you focused and lessens the chances of post-marathon depression setting in. Trust me--that is the worst! Good luck with your return to running!!

Amanda Johns said...

Hey,
I've been lurking for awhile, so I thought I'd say hi. I love having a plan, its usually the only way I can get my but out the door and on a run.

My Life said...

I read somewhere that you shouldn't run hard for as many days as the marathon miles... so no hard runs for 26 days? Way to get back into it all! What's your goal for the half?