TAT CN Header

Saturday, March 04, 2006

No More Red

I saw an ad on TV yesterday that promoted a kind of "procedure" that eliminated red face. That's right -- the tomato face has a cure. I don't remember what the procedure (they did not say "surgery" nor was "medication" mentioned; it was very mysterious) was called, but the ad had a guy who was talking about how embarassing and horrible it was to return from a workout and have a beet colored complexion (I feel your pain buddy), but now he is so happy because he doesn't get a red face anymore!

I hate my red face too, but a procedure to eliminate it? What would that entail? Scraping off the first layer of face? Removing sweat glands? Performing a head transplant (because if we're gonna do that, I request Jennifer Aniston's head)? The whole thing just seems bizarre to me, but at the same time, I have to admit that my curiosity is piqued.

My face always looks like a stop light when I finish running, and it often takes awhile to cool off and resume its normal coloring. Should I visit this doctor's office nearby and have a look at the face scrap information? Tempting, but I don't think so. There's other important medical things I have to take care of first: Like getting a new pair of glasses and going to the dentist. The red face prodecure will have to take a back seat.

2 comments:

*jeanne* said...

What he doesn't say is that he simply stopped DOING workouts. VoilĂ  - no more red face.

Anonymous said...

heheh! I just googled "red faced runner," and you're what I got :)
...(I'm sittin here, after a run, with my bright red face. Sigh.)