TAT CN Header

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Chip Cuisine

Is it wrong to have chips as a side dish to Lean Cuisine?

You see, I was trying a new "cuisine" that was Southwest something or other, but it was rice and beans and some yummy sauce. It was very good, but after the first few bites, I decided it was missing something. What do I like to have with all my Mexican food? That's right, chips. So I got out the bag of Tostitos and happily dipped and enjoyed my rice and beans and chips. It wasn't until I was halfway through with the meal when the irony hit me: I was trying to stick to a low-cal meal and I was sabotaging it with chips!

I really can't do dieting properly. I'm just not cut out for it. I must have not felt too bad about it because I polished off my meal and a few more chips before returning the bag to the cupboard, and you know what? I think those chips really added something to the dish. Without them, it wouldn't have been quite so delicious.

4 comments:

m said...

You know, I am NEVER satisfied with those damn lean cuisines. I end up eating dinner #2 a few hours afterwards. I think if I ate the for 3 meals a day I would lose 10lbs. Hmmmm

Brooke said...

I can't do those meals either. They are just not for me, so I don't blame you. I probably would've been fishing around for some salsa or cheese dip to go with it.

Garou said...

I've tried eating the Lean Cuisine stuff too - as well as other "lite" food. Usually I either have to eat two servings, or eat a second meal shortly thereafter.

I'd have been grabbing the chips too.

Darrell said...

at least you put the chips away, instead of throwing the empty bag into the trash...there's always a bright side.