TAT CN Header

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

10K Training

I have set my sights on my new running goal: the 10K. I figure I have been playing around with the 5K for long enough and it is time to graduate to the next level. So, I have determined to train and set my goal for a race that is on February 25th. That gives me about ten weeks to prepare. Yesterday, I downloaded a training program and have decided to commit to it.

It makes me feel good to have a goal set in front of me, and I especially like have the schedule. It helps me adhere to a specific routine, something I think my running needs. That way, even on days when I don't feel like working out, I can't give myself any excuses to skip it or postpone it or cut it short. I have to follow the schedule.

The schedule includes one day of rest a week, two days that incorporate strength training and two days that require cross training. So, hopefully this will add to my running, but will also add some variety to my workouts.

I also got a training log from RW in the mail today (my free gift for renewing my subscription), so with both the training log and schedule, I will be very organized, if not a down right lean, mean, running machine.

1 comment:

jeanne said...

I just finished my first 10k on sunday! I used hal higdon's novice program. It was for 8 weeks, only i think i only had five. But it was great!
Good Luck!