TAT CN Header

Monday, December 26, 2005

A Month of Marriage

While yesterday was certainly notable because it marked Christmas, it was also notable in my household as the one month anniversary of our wedding. We really only celebrated the Christmas aspect -- we're not really the sort to celebrate month anniversaries, but there were still loads of gifts and good food. I don't really have anything to say about our first month of marriage, except that saying it sounds like a book title.

Yesterday was also supposed to be my day for a long run, but because it was Christmas, and because I just didn't feel like it, I didn't run. In some ways I felt guilty since the reasoning behind this new schedule was to keep me from coming up with excuses, but on the other hand, I didn't feel shamed about taking a day off to eat copious amounts of turkey and enjoy the day. Today, I plan to make up the long run and go for it early this evening. I just finished adding the second coat of paint to my office, and feel pretty worn out from that; however, I am not going to leave running out today. I'm just going to sit for a spell, have a cup of caffeinated tea, and get into the mood.

First I have to get out of these filthy clothes (I look like a Jackson Pollack painting) and clean up my supplies. One thing at a time.

No comments: