TAT CN Header

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Two Things

Yesterday when I was at the gym, I saw two things of note. One, I saw a guy pick his nose and wipe it on his shorts! He was on a treadmill in the front row, and I saw him digging around in there mining for gold when he found a nugget, and then he examined it and then wiped it on his shorts. Now, I'm sypathetic to nose pickers because I have been known to dig in there as well, but I know enough not to plow through there in public. My goodness, man!

The second thing that was of note was another guy on a treadmill in the front row. Has anyone ever seen that episode of "Friends" where Rachel and Phoebe go running and Phoebe runs like a cross between "Kermit the Frog and the 6 Million Dollar Man"? Well, that's exactly how this guy was running: Arms waving over his head and off to the sides (the woman next to him ducking and bobbing, trying to avoid a fist in the eye), and his legs were all over. I think he was doing some sort of stretching, I'm not sure, but it went on for about ten minutes. Then he finished and got off the treadmill. I don't know where he went after that.

Maybe he needed to pick his nose too.

2 comments:

Liv said...

Lol, it's amazing how when people are wrapped up in their own little worlds they forget that others can still see them! Good to have you back again, astute and observant as always :)

nrlaumei said...

That's about the only episode of Friends I've ever seen, and I love it. A friend and I went running once for the sole purpose of doing that--we made it about 1/2 a mile before our energy ran out. It's harder than it looks.