TAT CN Header

Friday, January 28, 2011

Bathmat Barfisode

This morning, I pulled a Scooter and puked on the bathroom rug.

I've always marveled that in a house of either tiled or wood flooring, Scooter always manages to hit the few rugs whenever he's sick. Now I have a bit more sympathy and understanding.

The wave of nausea that preceded the pukecident was so sudden, and for a moment I thought I could ride it out and it would pass, that I didn't get to the toilet in time. So, yeah, I barfed on the bathmat.

I haven't puked on a rug since I was in college, and that time it was a disgusting combination of Blue Maui Schnapps and chicken pizza, which ruined chicken pizza for me forever. This time it was just water and apples, and I've puked up apples plenty of times before -- they seem to be a food that rebounds for me just fine.

Just when I think the barfisodes have completely elapsed, one sneaks back up on me; it's almost as though my pregnancy mocks me: "You think you're done feeling gross?! Ha! Here ya go!" Oh well, at least the episode was singular and I've felt just dandy since then; I guess my body just likes to put me in place every once in awhile, show me who's boss.

12 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Oh man, still barfing??

At least the bathmat is easy clean up--drop it straight into the washing machine!

Our dogs are the same way. They never puke on tile or hardwood. They always find carpet. Or even better, the bed.

Marlene said...

Well you certainly don't read something like this every day. :P

Hope it wasn't too nasty to clean up. No fun!

BrianFlash said...

My cats follow your pattern perfectly. They always find the rug to barf on - ignoring all that wonderful tile and/or wood.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

At least you can throw it in the washer. You already know it is simply desensitizing you to puke. so you can clean up when you kiddos get sick. (My oldest could and would puke on demand. not kidding)

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Oh that sucks! Hope you feel better.

Jess said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Uggghh! Well, feel free to skip your run. Feel better.

N.D. said...

oh no! It all begins...

runner26 said...

i had a similar experience where I thought the pukage was over...and it wasn't. i also feel that apples are perfectly harmless to barf back up--apples were one of the few foods I could eat in the 1st trimester, so i'm very familiar with them rebounding.

i bet you are close to being done with the barfiness! hang in there!!

Marci said...

Oh no, hope your morning sickness doesn't stick around for long. Now you know how Scooter feels(kidding!)

MNFirefly said...

Oh yuck! I am so sorry! That sucks!

Unknown said...

LOVE your words: barfisode, pukecident - awesome!