TAT CN Header

Friday, January 22, 2010

It's Official:

Fridays are my favorite day of the week!

I don't have to work, but Norah still goes to daycare in the afternoon, so I get these 4 glorious hours to myself. So, today, I stopped by Starbucks on my way home for a Funday Friday Latte, and when I got home, I got to sip on my latte while I downloaded some new tunes to my Shuffle and uploaded some videos to send to family. Then, I cleaned the house and went for a short 3 miler.

At that time, it was about 2:30 and hot as hell. The temp was 83, but the "feels like" temp was 87. Not an ideal time or temp for a run, but it was the only time available to me, and I'm not gonna lie: It was hot and sweaty and hard, but I got it done. Due in some part to having my tunes to tunes to distract me from thinking about how hot I was (my new favorite running song is "Electrify" by Mute Math).

After the run, I showered and then it was time to go get Norah. Now, it's 6:30, she's in bed for the night and I think I'm gonna catch up on some blogs and then go read. I'm honestly hoping to be in bed by like 8!

19 comments:

Carly said...

Sounds like a glorious Friday!!!

MCM Mama said...

Sounds like a lovely afternoon! I'm jealous of the kid in bed by 6:30...

JojaJogger said...

In bed at 8. The only thing better will be a nap after your long run this weekend ;)

ajh said...

Congrats on the run in the heat. That is the worst for me. I have little tolerance!

MNFirefly said...

What an awesome Friday!!

Running Jen said...

Good for you for still getting that run in! I am heading your way tomorrow, have to attend a bridal shower this weekend. I'll be in the Plantation/Davie/Sunrise area, and even though I live in Orlando, it's too warm for me here right now, and I'm not happy to be headed south where it'll be even a few degrees warmer!

Unknown said...

Sounds fantastic.

lifestudent said...

We have similar goals tonight...its 9:06 right now and I'm planning on being in bed by 9:45. That will be a major achievement for me!

I hope you are in bed right now ;)

Aka Alice said...

I LOVE not teaching on Friday's!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good day to me! :0)

Danna said...

I love your blog entry paragraph. You are hilarious- I love your blog! Danna
www.sherunslikeagirl.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Ahhhh yes, nothing better than reading in bed on a Friday night. :o)

N.D. said...

the time to yourself is so key. Fridays sound fantastic!

SavvyFitChica said...

oh yeah, sounds like the perfect time! Don't you just love a few hours each week to yourself? That's how Saturday mornings are for me. Michael goes to work from 8-noon and it's amazing how much better I feel after having some time for me. It's glorious!

Way to spend your time productively! I'm sitting on the couch, on the computer, watching TV... lol Oh, and I'm seeing how much damage we've done to the budget this month too-expect a post about that!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me.

I'll have to check out that song; I'm always on the lookout for new workout music.

MN Mom said...

I do it all the time and sometimes 8:00 is late for me! (I do get up around 4:30 as my clock hasn't re-adjusted.)

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a great Friday!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

I just found your blog! It's great. Can't wait read more!

My kids are in bed by 6:30 too ... usually the only way I get my runs in!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Sounds like a great way to have a Friday. I am playing catch. It's Sunday at 10:08EST and I am trying to let the littlest "cry it out." for a few minutes....I hope he sleeps!