TAT CN Header

Friday, October 30, 2009

Flu Friday

My case of "drag ass" yesterday turned out to actually be a stomach flu. I felt worse and worse as the day progressed, and by the time I went to bed last night I had a fever and was nauseous.

The barfing started around 1 am and continued through the night and early morning; then the 'rhea kicked in and I didn't know which end to put on the toilet. It was awful.

All day today, I have essentially been a pile of dehydrated goo, unable to keep anything down until late this afternoon. Thankfully, Jerry took the day off work so he could take care of Norah this morning, and this afternoon, he took her to DC.

I don't think I've been sick like this in years. Ughhhh...

Hopefully I feel better tomorrow for Halloween festivities. Which I think I will. I'm able to keep down Ramen and Ginger Ale now. Woo-hoo!

16 comments:

Wes said...

yuk... that stomach flue seems to be going around. I hope you get well soon!!

Lily on the Road said...

Oh Yikes, personally I've never figured out why no one has designed a bathroom where you can "Sh*t & puke" at the same time....

Get better soon!!

Alison said...

Ugh. I'm so sorry. Caring for a little one when you're sick is miserable -- hope you feel better!

Anonymous said...

D and V at the same time is just the worse. Hoping you have a speedy recovery! Lots of fluids!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Oh no! The stomach flu is never good. Hopefully the rest of the fam will stay flu-free!

Casey said...

Feel better! At least you know it's not H1N1!

RunningLaur said...

Feel better soon!

Maybe you're meant to be a zombie for halloween and the sickness is just to give you the living dead look temporarily.

Stephanie said...

Get better soon! No fun ever being sick especially not before Halloween :)

Krissy said...

Oh no! That sounds like the worst!! Happened to me when I was 2 1/2 months preggo it was terrible. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Marci said...

Sorry to hear that Jess.. feel better soon! **hugs**

Zoƫ said...

Feel better soon!

runner26 said...

oh no!! feel better!! halloween is too awesome to miss!

Unknown said...

kinda' sounds like food poisoning. whatever it is, get well soon. that is noooooo fun.

Shannon said...

Sorry you're not feeling good....relax and let hubs & Norah pass out the candy.

TNTcoach Ken said...

Jess, I feel for you, I'm down for the count also! I don't have all of your symptoms but feeling like crap. Hopefully you'll be better for Halloween.

Marlene said...

That's the worst kind of sickness, when it's coming out of both ends.

Get well soon!