TAT CN Header

Friday, December 21, 2007

Funday Friday!

Today is a day of running rest, which is good because my legs are feeling a little tired from 5 days straight of running and they need their rest for tomorrow's 8 miler with Wendy.

So, I think I'm gonna go run a few errands (I haven't actually driven anywhere since Sunday -- it's been awesome! -- and I figure The Green Hornet will want to get out and stretch its wheels some) and perhaps treat myself to a Starbucks latte. Usually, on Fridays, I buy myself a coffee drink as a treat for "Funday Friday" but since I'm not on my way into work today, I didn't feel like I deserved it, but I'm sitting here sipping my regular brewed coffee and it just doesn't taste "fun."

*Side note* Have you guys ever noticed that when you eat peas, the next day, you poop them out whole? Or is that just me? I swear I chew them, but I also swear they are floating around the toilet in their original shape the next morning: What's up with that? Do they just move through the digestive system unchanged? I'm really puzzled by this.

20 comments:

Triseverance said...

Ok that post just put a song in my head, "thats my funday, my I don't have to run day" Manic Monday right?

The pea thing, ewwwww gross!! But for future refrence children do not digest corn. And boys find this interesting to no end.

Wes said...

ROFLMAO!!! Is there no topic you won't discuss, Jess? Didn't momma teach you to chew your food!! LOL!!! For me, it was always corn... But even that is to gross to think about :-)

Now, I have to figure out how to focus on work again :-O

Marathoner in Training said...

You are funny, and who said you do not deserve the Starbucks? I vote for you to get the Starbucks. As for the peas, That is one that I do not wish to touch.

David said...

Interesting observation, though it's not always the case for me. Probably, like corn, the skin is undigestable. I have wondered, when faced with the yellow polka dot poopie, if anyone ever gets a kernel dingle berry. I would imagine that to be a weird experience.

Have a great day off from running, and try to stay away from traffic.

nwgdc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nwgdc said...

there's something about that little red cup...man oh man do i miss the big city...the closest starbucks (some people call it 'the bucks' but i find that lame) is 30 miles away. ugh.
as for the other aspects of the post...i'm erasing them from memory.

David said...

Hey Jess, you may enjoy this site. May even help some of your knucklehead students.

http://freerice.com/index.php

Marcy said...

Hmmmmmmm I don't think I've ever come across a whole pea in mine or either of the kids poo. Interesting . . . .

Oooooo have fun with Wendy tomorrow! You guys are so lucky to live so close.

Nancy said...

Have a great run with Wendy. And what the hell, get the Starbucks.

Maybe you shouldn't eat peas.

P.O.M. said...

Ick. Peas digest just fine, but too many can cause discoloration. Same with spinach :)

Agate Lake Girl said...

I've never noticed the peas, but then I don't think I eat peas all the often. It's always that stubborn corn for me...

Anonymous said...

well i dont know about peas, but corn is that way.

Unknown said...

I had something clever to say but the whole peas paragraph threw me for a loop...and now i'm speechless

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed your latte.
No comment about peas - I HATE peas.

brunettechicagogal said...

Oh, my god -- you HAVE to be a long, lost member of my family because we talk about poop all the time, and so do you!

Peas, corn, legumes...those are called "floaters," my dear. Yes, I poop 'em out whole, too. Sometimes peppers show up, too, albeit in smaller pieces. Fun times!

miss petite america said...

the same thing happens with corn!

Tri+Umph said...

Isn't it wonderful being on break?

We have time to ponder such things as good books, family, and why some foods get crapped out unprocessed!

teacherwoman said...

I have never had that happen to me with peas... but corn and beans...yes. weird, I know!

J~Mom said...

You totally crack me up!!

Mendy said...

LMAO!