TAT CN Header

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Dog Walk

This morning, I am not the exerciser in my family; instead, it's my husband. He and Scooter are partcipating in a "dog walk" here in downtown Ft Lauderdale to benefit the county human society. They are joining other friends with their dogs to walk and donate support (and dollars) to the shelter.

I wish I could walk with them, but I have class this morning (2 1/2 hours until my spring break officially commences!), so I can't go. I hope they have fun walking (I'm sure my husband's arm has already been stretched beyond its normal capacity -- Scooter will be so excited to see so many dogs, his friends included)!

6 comments:

miss petite america said...

the county human society?? i know you probably meant humane society, but that made me chuckle...the dogs getting together for the sake of their humans...

Jess said...

MPA: You're a sharp one: I didn't even notice my mistake! Yes, I meant the "humane" society; but the dogs probably do more for the humans than the other way around!

Hmmmm...makes me think: Maybe there should be a "human" society; wait, that already exists on a fairly large scale, doesn't it?

Erin said...

Scooter was a good boy and so was Jerry. In fact, Jerry and Ryan decided seeing all the dogs was like a human walking through a nude beach. So many sights to see and sniff! Hee hee! Anyhow, wish you could have walked with us but it was miserably hot and crowded.

Enjoy your spring break!

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like fun... too bad you weren't able to join them!

I remember when I took my 110 pound dane with to play frisbee golf... that was crazy. My arms hurt sooo bad for the next few days!

MNFirefly said...

Sounds like fun. Enjoy the break!!

Iron Jayhawk said...

Oh that sounds like so much fun! Was he able to get any pictures?