TAT CN Header

Sunday, October 09, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Saturday
Saturday morning, Jerry always goes to the grocery store with Norah.  It's their routine.  Usually, I try to get my Saturday morning run done before they leave, but it was rainy, so I delayed the run until I got a break in the rain, and then I got ready and got Caleb ready since he was going with.  Here we are before the run -- he's still jammied.
Here he is dressed and ready to run!  He seems pleased that I at least dressed him in blue since I stick him in a pick stroller.
The run was good -- we dodged the rain -- and it had another desirable effect: A sleeping baby!
He continued to sleep once I was home, and I was able to shower and dress, and he woke up right when Jerry and Norah got home.  Here's Norah helping her dad unload the groceries: She likes carrying things inside, and sometimes, it's impressive what she can handle.
Saturday Night
Jerry and I had a planned date night, and we'd initially planned to go to Miami to eat at the Miami Food Trucks.  But, it was still raining then and we weren't sure how fun it would be to stand on a street in Miami and scarf our food down in the rain.  So, we planned an alternative, and it worked out great!  We went to a nearby Vietnamese restaurant that turned out to be an awesome find, and we went to the movie "50/50" which turned out to be a good pic.  All in all, great date night!

Sunday
Caleb again joined me for a morning run, and we lucked out by again fitting it into a small window of the day where it wasn't raining (it rained all. weekend. long.).  For a bit, it drizzled enough to warrent me stopping to put on the weathershield, but after half a mile, it subsided so I stopped again and removed it.

It was good thing I got that run in because the rest of the day was pretty lazy.  I "watched" football:
And Norah and I made some Halloween cupcakes:
It was a fun weekend, as they always are, and just like they always do: It went TOO fast!

10 comments:

Charbelle said...

He is so handsome!!! Such great pictures! I love Norah's face as she enjoyed her Halloween cupcake frosting!!!! Give me icing any day!!!

RunningLaur said...

Caleb sure looks happy for flipping us the bird in both stroller shots!
The things kids learn a daycare ;)

Krissy said...

I love that picture of Norah and the cupcake! How adorable!!

JojaJogger said...

Great pictures! Norah is quite the lugger, carrying groceries AND her bear!

Carolina John said...

There's something about toddlers and cupcakes.... so cute! Glad you had a fun weekend.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

My little one always loved getting to go out in his jammies...oh he still does.
We lucked into a beautiful weekend. No rain, warm temps, the leaves are changing. wonderful. But no cupcakes.

Marlene said...

WHY must the weekends go by so fast? Glad you had a great one! Running, napping, date night, cupcakes... doesn't get better!

Agate Lake Girl said...

Yeah, maybe he's not as happy about the pink stroller as you think. I noticed he was flipping you the bird too. :)

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

What a trooper Caleb is!!

Those cupcakes look so good!

runner26 said...

Sounds like a great weekend! A little bit of everything. Love that you dress Caleb in blue before he goes in. The pink stroller- I pretty much dress Willa in pink before she goes in the blue stroller ;)