TAT CN Header

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It's Alive!

After freezing up last week during a run, today my Garmin rose from the dead and performed as if it had never had its little meltdown.  Perhaps Garmins are like toddlers: Ignore their tantrums and they just resume their normal behavior.

Because we've been having gray, rainy days, the temp is not unbearable outside (the humidity is another story), so I decided to take my normal treadmill run and make it an outdoor run.  Thus, the employed use of the Garmin.

I did my 3 miles in 31 minutes even, and that includes stopping for some lights, so perhaps I am getting a wee bit faster out in the real world, not just on the treadmill.  I was super sweaty from the high humidity, but it was great to have the chance to run outdoors, solo.  I'll take that anytime I can nab it!

7 comments:

MCM Mama said...

Glad your Garmin got over its little fit. ;o)

Nice job on the run!

Unknown said...

phew! a working garmin is a good thing (even though you have a backup)

Anonymous said...

Do you think Garmin actually programs their watches to be a little finicky every now and again? My has gone crazy and died twice - both times during marathons.

Carolina John said...

Garmin = Toddler makes a lot of sense.

Julie D said...

Yay for the resurrected Garmin! I've never had an issue with mine *knocks on wood*, but I'll remember to keep trying if it does!!

Jess said...

Garmin's always seems to get a little cranky at the most unfortunate times. Or at least that's always been my experience. Glad yours decided to come back to life.

Wes said...

when in doubt, reboot! :-)