TAT CN Header

Monday, October 03, 2011

The Weekend Running

This weekend, we had a "cold" front move through our area so temps dropped from the 90s to the 70s.  It still got in to the 80s during the afternoon, but first thing in the morning was glorious, and I took advantage of it 3 days in a row: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  I was still just sticking to my 3 mile route, but it felt good, and I think it's finally time to start challenging myself by increasing my mileage and adding some "long" runs into the future weekend running.

And it's a good time for it too since we're finally starting to get our own version of fall here in SoFlo.  It's nothing like the pleasant temps most of you get to enjoy this time of year, but lows in the 70s is a nice change of temp around here!

11 comments:

Marlene said...

We had a cold front too, but temps were close to freezing! Brr!

Glad you were able to enjoy it! Nice running!

James said...

I'll switch with ya! It was 43F this morning. Yuk!

Heather said...

Yay for cooler weather!

Julie D said...

Yay for the "cold"! I am waiting for it to happen here!

Crissy Rae said...

I'm loving the cooler temps in the am and pm as well as this nice breeze we are having. I hope it sticks around.

Unknown said...

enjoy the cooler weather

Erin said...

It has been nice outside. Miller and I walked to the sandpark by our house tonight. Beautiful outside. I may have to have a drink on the porch.

Lauren said...

I'm in So Cal and it's finally cooling here. We may even get a little rain. Woo. Makes running so much easier when it's not 105.

N.D. said...

It sounds beautiful!Glad you got to take advantage!

Beth (i run like a girl) said...

I know exactly what you mean! I was away this weekend, but returned to overnight temperatures (NW Florida) in the 50s. Hooray! Long runs ahead!

Anonymous said...

This is a better-quality article as they all are. I make fun of been wonder wide this an eye to some beat now. Its great to receive this info. You are fair and balanced.

Volvo S80 Turbo