TAT CN Header

Monday, October 10, 2011

Treadmill 5K

On the treadmill, I'm faster than I am in real life.  So, now that I can almost always bang out 3 miles in less than 30 minutes when I'm on there, I figured I should set some new goals for myself.  To start, I figured I'd see if I could do a 5K in sub-30.  It's just .1 farther than a regular ol' 3 miler, but somehow it seems just slightly more challenging.  And that's really all I'm after right now: Slight challenges.  Not real big ones.

And, I did it!  I clocked that 5K in 29:46.  If only I could do that on the road now.  Guess that's my next slight challenge!

11 comments:

Marlene said...

Get yourself in a 5K race and go for that sub-30!

justme said...

you totally can do it !!!

Beth (i run like a girl) said...

Nice work! Treadmill speeds can be a little faster, but if you can run that pace on the 'mill, I'm SURE you can do sub-30 outdoors!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Great job!

Julie D said...

I always thought that my outdoor pace was faster than my treadmill pace... hmmm... go figure!

Maybe after you get bored on the treadmill, you will run faster outside automatically because you'll feel liberated.

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Good job!! I am always slower on the treadmill... there must be something wrong with it!

fancy nancy said...

Great job!!! You could totally do that in a road 5k! Now you have the confidence...go out there and get it!

Wes said...

hellz yea! :-)

N.D. said...

You can do it! great job on the 5K - now an outside one, you can do it!

Anonymous said...

I always thought that my outdoor pace was faster than my treadmill pace... hmmm... go figure! Treadmills India

Funny blog site said...

Excellent blog, which includes some interesting concepts, which made be really curious to look into your blog..