So, Anthony tagged me, but because I already did a "7 things about Jess" post last week, I figure I can turn the spotlight on my #1 squeeze this week: Scooter, my dog. Jerry's been gone since Sunday, and before that, he'd been camping, so it's pretty much just been Scooter and I for the past week. And while you may feel as though you know Scooter, here are some little known facts about my d-o-double-g:
1. Scooter has a lot of nicknames: El Scooterino, Scoots, Scootsie, Copper Top, Buddy, Fur Baby, Scootsie-Bootsie, and Scootah-Bootah. It's a wonder he knows his name at all.
2. Scooter sleeps with us in the bed, under the covers. He likes to burrow down and sleep by our feet. But since Jerry's been gone, he snuggles up on Jerry's side with his little puppy head on the pillow and the covers up around his neck. I think he thinks he's a person.
3. Scooter's worst fear is the vacuum cleaner. All I have to do is open the closet where the vacuum is stored and he's outta there.
4. After either Jerry or I get out of the shower, Scooter likes to hop in the shower and lick up the leftover water. Must taste like human-juice.
5. Scooter loves socks. But only socks that have just come off your dirty, stinky foot. Every day when Jerry gets home from work, he sits down and takes his socks halfway off his feet, and Scooter takes them off the rest of the way. Then he (Scooter, not Jerry) runs all over the house in sock-triumph. He especially loves my socks after I've returned from a run. Yum-O!
6. If given the chance, Scooter will eat a dryer sheet faster than you can say "Bounce." In general, he thinks laundry time is da bomb -- there's the chance he can sneak in a dryer sheet snack, he likes to lay in the warm laundry while I'm folding it, and there's always the chance that a rogue sock will cross his path.
7. Scooter will kill you for a Twizzler. He *hearts* Twizzlers. Strawberry flavored, please.
So, that's it -- all you need to know and more about my little brown dog. I tried to post some cute Scooter-pics to help illustrate the 7, but Blogger is being a be-atch. Enjoy without the pics, and if you'd like to share the bits and pieces of random tidbits about your own pets, consider yourself tagged.