Since so many of you have been inquiring, I figure I need to update you on the status of "Scooter vs. The Evil Association." So, here's the dealio:
Yup. That's why I haven't really reported anything -- because we have heard nothing further. We submitted our argument via email and a hard copy statement that was sent via fax, and presently there's nothing more to do until we hear back from the board, which could be days, could be weeks, could be months. A friend sent some of our association documents to another friend, who is a lawyer, and she essentially said the ultimate decision will be up to the board, and we don't have much of a legal foothold to support our argument. She said that decisions like this really depend on the board members, so we are subject to their mercy on the matter.
In the meantime, I had to convince my husband to not call the real estate agent -- just yet.
On Tuesday, he literally had phone in hand and was making plans for selling our condo and he already had a tentative lists of properties in the area he wanted to see. I had to reign him in. True, I think this incident has reinforced how badly we'd like a single family home, instead of a condo, and true, I think we can afford it. But I would prefer to not act hastily. So, I made him a deal: If the association comes back to us and says Scooter has to go, then we will put the condo on the market immediately and we will look to purchase another home, one where Scooter's residence won't be an issue; If the association comes back to us and says that Scooter can stay, we can still plan for a new home, but he (my husband) has to wait at least six months before looking.
So, that's Scooter's story.
As for me? I discovered this morning that I've been drinking milk that expired 3 days ago. Tasted fine. But if I keel over later today, you'll know why.