Thanks for the comments concerning Scooter as an illegal condo resident: some of your comments were very helpful, and certainly all were encouraging.
After not receiving a response from management via email today, my husband and I drove over to the management office and spoke with someone there. She wasn't a whole lotta help, but she was nice. Essentially, she said we had to plead our case in writing, and the management board would consider it and decide their course of action. So, to ensure the fact that they have plenty of written material before them, I also wrote a letter and faxed it to the management arguing our side and pleading that they decide compassionately on Scooter's behalf.
Now, it's just a waiting game. Hopefully, we hear something back from them by next week.
My husband is still a bundle of nerves over the broo-ha, and I know he didn't sleep well last night and I know he won't be able to relax until we've received some kind of word back from the association and its management, but that's just how he is. Me? Oh, I'm concerned, and I marched into that office this afternoon ready to argue (and was a little disappointed that I didn't get to do so), but I am a little better at taking things in a step-by-step approach than my husband. I figure that I've done what I can right now, and that I'll just have to be patient until we hear back. Plus, I'm not going down without a fight: So, if the board responds negatively to our written requests, I'm not giving up until I can meet with management in person. And I can harrass like no other in person.
So, this is gonna weigh on us for a spell.
But, I do need to focus on my long run tomorrow morning at 4:30 am, so I think I will go gather my morning stuff together into the pile I make every Friday night in preparation of Saturday's long run, and then I will think about making something delicious for dinner. Have a good weekend everyone! Toodles.