So, last night in bed, I was telling my husband this and listing for him the things that he does that annoy me (yeah, I must be a joy to be with) and then I told him he could list the things I do that annoy him. Thus, "the top 5" was born.
Top 5 Things My Husband Does that Annoy Me
- Chew with his mouth open and slurp his drink. I swear, if I ever murder him, it will be during dinner time.
- Throw his dirty clothes right next to or on top of the hamper. How hard is it to lift the lid and put them inside?!
- He refuses to sleep under the same blankets as me. He says I'm too hot (something about sleeping next to "molten lava") and sometimes I even wake to find pillows wedged between us to keep my heat from creeping over and burning him, I suppose.
- His obsessive lock checking.
- He won't let me touch his butt. Seriously. I am not allowed to cup, carress, stroke, prod, poke, or fondle his posterior. It's off limits. I don't like boundaries. Sometimes I try to steal a quick feel -- that usually resuslts in an ass-argument.
Top 5 Things I do That Annoy my Husband
- I'm a biter. Yup. And not the cute nibbling kind of bites. I like to bite down hard.
- I don't respect the hands-off-the-ass rule.
- I tell our friends and family embarassing stories about him (I have a feeling this post may not go over that great).
- I never ask for help when cleaning or cooking. (I know this may sound weird, but I see his point.) I would rather do everything myself, do it my way, and have it take 3 times as long than to ask for his help, allow him to do things his way, and save myself the time. Plus, he thinks I vaccuum too many surfaces.
- I tend to not "blindly agree" with him. So, if he's had a bad day and he's telling me about someone who really pissed him off at work, instead of me saying, "Oh, you are absolutely right, that guy is a bastard and I hate him because you hate him," I tend to argue the other person's side, "Well, hon, I can see his point..." I think the 2nd worst fight we ever had was over an incident like this where my husband ended up yelling at me: "We are a team! If I hate someone, you hate that person! Who do you hate? I'll start hating that person right now! That's what marriage is!"
There you go folks. A little window into our marriage.
So, my run for tonight? Another 5 miler. I'll give you the report on that afterwards. Have a happy hump day! Peace out.