TAT CN Header

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Near Naked

I don't know if I'll ever really get used to seeing naked women in the gym's locker room. I remember when I was kid and I took swimming lessons every summer at the Y that I would feel so embarassed seeing all those middle aged women walking around buck naked that I usually wore my suit under my clothes so that when I got there I could bypass the locker room and go straight into the pool area where I just had to peel off my t-shirt and shorts and dive in -- no nudity for me. Now, all those middle aged women who were so comfortable with their naked bodies twenty years ago are getting quite wrinkly and they're still walking around the locker room.

Personally, I don't know how they do it (maybe I'm just a little self-conscious, I don't know) because today there was this older woman doing her hair and makeup in front of the central mirrors, and she was completely nude. She didn't seem the least bit bothered walking around the locker room like that; meanwhile, I just ducked in there to pee and I had to avert my eyes and I felt like an eight year old at the Y again.

I have nothing against naked -- love naked -- but love it at home, not in front of strangers. And I know we're all women in there, and yes, everyone has the same parts, but Jesus, would it have killed that women to wrap a towel around her wrinkled ass? A towel is close to naked ("near naked" I might deem it) and it would be a lot more tolerable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, at my gym I have to see a local tv-news-anchor woman always walking around the women's locker room completely in the nude at all times, and doing her hair and makeup also totally nude in front of the mirror.

Now she is VERY beautiful with a GREAT body, but that just makes me feel jealous of her.

My husband on the other hand thinks I'm the luckiest woman alive for getting to see her in all her glory several times a week.

Mandy

Anonymous said...

I kind of have to admire women who are that comfortable in their own skin that they are comfortable enough to be openly nude in the locker room.

It doesn't really bother me to see other women naked. I'm of course not staring at them either. But like you mentioned, we do have the same parts, they don't have anything I haven't seen before or that I don't have myself.