TAT CN Header

Friday, August 26, 2005

Hurricane Recovery

The hurricane passed, and there wasn't any damage done in our area, and aside from losing power for a few hours, there weren't any trials to indure. I did however eat a bag of chips the size of a toddler and I feel a bit pudgy today. Plus, it probably didn't help that I had some drinks last night, and while the alcohol helped me sleep well through a night without air conditioning, it did make me feel dehydrated (I'm sure all the sodium in the chips didn't help).

So today everything is back up and running and everything is open again, so I can hit the gym this afternoon and try to run off a portion of those chips -- damn those Cheddar and Sour Cream, they are delicious!

In fact, the hurricane cooled the weather some and there's a nice breeze outside that makes the humidity bearable (sure, you still feel like you're chewing the air around you, but it's a little better), so pehaps I will go for a run outside today. It's always nice to get away from the treadmill and take a run in the fresh outdoors. I will have to watch for down branches and so forth, but a few hurdles never hurt anyone.

No comments: