TAT CN Header

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Norah's Birthday Party

Today was THE hotly anticipated day of the summer -- for Norah, that is -- her birthday party!

We had it at a local pool, which has a splash area with slides and sprays, so in short: Loads of sun and water fun.

Here's Norah and Caleb:


Norah was joined by lots of her friends (for a "Princess Pool Party," she had a lot of boys in attendance: 8 boys to the 3 girls), and she had an absolute blast swimming, running, sliding, and splashing with all of her friends.

Her favorite moment, though, was the cake and everyone singing "Happy Birthday" to her.  Here's her cake:


And blowing out the candle, with Miller in the background, clearly impressed by her candle-blowing-skillz:


She enjoyed her cake, and like always, mainly just ate frosting:


It was a great time, and Norah is a lucky girl to have such wonderful, generous friends: Thanks everybody!

When we got home, it was nap time, and everyone in this house crashed -- and the weather timed itself nicely since we had some serious thunderstorms during the afternoon: Excellent napping weather!  After nap, we played with all of her gifts, which was a little overwhelming, had dinner, and then the day was pretty much done.

It wore us all out. 

Here's Caleb in bed:


It's not a great pic (his line up of nooks look nice, don't they?), but to do any better, I might've woken him, and lord knows that's the cardinal sin of parenting, but with his legs hanging out the slats of his crib, arms flapped open to the side -- it gives an image to the exhaustion I think we all feel after such a busy, fun-filled day.

And, even though I'm not yet passed out spread-eagle-style ala Caleb, I definitely feel as though I should be: Thus, I chose to cut my run short this evening.  3 miles instead of 6.  So, I only totaled 42 miles for my week instead of 45.  I'm not too upset about it.  Hosting a 3 year old's birthday party felt like I ran a marathon, so the fact that I did 3 miles is SOMEthing!

6 comments:

Erin said...

It was a great party. We had a ton of fun. Sorry for Miller crashing yet another birthday picture. But I do believe that might have been round 2 of singing happy birthday and relighting the candle (at least I hope it was!). :)

Agate Lake Girl said...

Great party indeed! Both kids crashed early... which is why I have time for blogging, so thanks!

runner26 said...

happy birthday, norah!! and well done, mommy, for not only hosting the best third birthday party of the year, but also getting out for a post-party run! your mileage is impressive!!

and norah and caleb are truly adorable!

Erika . . . with a K said...

Happy Birthday Norah!! Pool party and princess cake, couldnt be any better!!

Carolina John said...

The young birthday parties are so much fun! They are fun for the adults too. Very creative!

B. Kramer said...

Happy birthday to the little one. I never really grew out of the cake frosting phase. I simply have grown into eating the actual cake as well, but it's more as if the cake is the vegetables of the equation. Cheers!