TAT CN Header

Monday, January 17, 2011

Three-Fer

Over my 3 day weekend, I managed to run each, consecutive day. Granted, I only ran 2 miles each day, but still, 3 consecutive days!

On Saturday and Sunday, I ran with Jerry and Norah. Jerry has recently hopped back on the exercise wagon, and he wanted to resume running with me on the weekends. So, we thought it best to keep the runs short so he could ease himself back in to it, thus, 2 miles each day. The best part about running with him (aside from having someone to talk to) is that we split the stroller-pushing duty, so the runs felt really comfortable to me.

Today, then, I planned to run by myself and was hoping to do at least 3 miles, but it rained off and on all day, and in the window of opportunity that I chose, I only got a half mile into my run before heaven decided I was dry enough. So, again, I just stuck with 2 miles and figured that when I'm 21 weeks preggo, I get to be a wimp and cut a run short if I wanna.

So, 3 runs = 6 miles. Pitiful mileage, but I honestly don't care. Right now, I'm slow as snails so it takes me nearly 25 minutes to do those 2 miles, and I figure 25 minutes of strenuous exercise is a good showing for a preggo. Plus, I didn't major in math, but the last time I checked, 2 miles is more than 0 miles!

16 comments:

Marci said...

Great work getting your runs in, and congrats on baby number two on the way!!

Unknown said...

It's more running that I've been doing lately. Good job for getting out there!

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Great job working out during vacation!!!

Running 365 said...

Shoot, I've been getting plenty of just 1 mile runs on the treadmill and I don't even have pregnancy as an excuse! Good for you!

Julie D said...

2 > 0... true dat! Anything is better than nothing... no matter what your excuse. =)

Unknown said...

It's 6 miles more than I ran this weekend!

MCM Mama said...

That's 6 miles more than I ran when pregnant, so great job! ;o)

James said...

That's cool he's starting to run with you. My wife is starting to et into running too but I've yet to get her to run with me. We're thinking of doing the Disney Wine and Dine Half together this year.

teacherwoman said...

Nice job Jess!

fancy nancy said...

Great job on your runs!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Yes 2 > 0!

BrianFlash said...

Absolutely - just getting out there is a big win!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Great job getting in those miles! And staying out there even in the rain, woohooo!

Unknown said...

Nice work getting your runs in, 3 days in a row is great no matter how many miles you went!

Wes said...

2 miles is excellent... especially preggers :-) keep up the good work!

runner26 said...

It's not easy to run 3 in a row! Especially being preggers ;) nice work! And in rain!!