TAT CN Header

Thursday, January 06, 2011

Details, Details

With company in town this week, and my classes resuming today, I haven't had much time for running. So with the exception of a run on Monday, I haven't been doing any running; thus, I really only have baby things to talk about. Here they are:

Thanks for all of the "congrats" about our baby boy; we appreciate it. We would've been equally excited to hear that the baby is a girl, so it's just fun knowing.

During the ultrasound, he flashed us his boy-bits straight away, and even before the tech pointed out his winky, I knew what I was looking at. It was as though he was like, "Hey! Look at this! It's my weiner!" Typical boy -- so proud of what nature gave him.

We're going to name him Caleb.

The best part of "knowing," for me, is that I can now think of him as a "him" and because we already have a name and aren't keeping it secret, I can think and talk about it him like a person instead of simply as "the baby" or "the puke-inducer" or "the creature who's treating my bladder like a trampoline." I'm sure that those who wait for the surprise are able to think of their unborn babies as babies, but for me, it's like the baby is intangible until I know the sex -- then it's a baby. I felt the same way when I was preggo with Norah.

13 comments:

Julie D said...

Cute name! I used to think I had the boy names down, but now that I'm closer to "that age," I only have a couple of girl names "in storage." Haha!

Unknown said...

I'm sure you would be happy with either.

I love the name Caleb. :-)

Running 365 said...

I really like the name Caleb. Classic, but not overused.

MNFirefly said...

I love the name. My son and nephew were not shy about showing the boy-bits as well. My daughter, on the hand, kept her legs crossed until the day she was born to keep the mystery.

lee said...

Great name! Caleb and Norah!

Anonymous said...

Aww, Caleb is an awesome name! Congrats, what wonderful news!

Jim ... 50after40 said...

"Puke Inducer" ha ha ha

Charbelle said...

Yay congratulations!!!! So happy for y'all!!! Caleb is such a great name!!

Aka Alice said...

I felt the same way...until both my kids had a gender, I think I called them my parasites...gross, but actually sorta accurate...

Love Caleb

Lily on the Road said...

LOL at Cindi...(Alice),

Love the name Caleb, it goes well with Norah....

d.a.r. said...

I love the name!! I cannot imagine keeping it all a secret. I think, like you, having the name would make it more real/more like a real person in there instead of just a puke inducer, haha!

Krissy said...

Me too, I have to know the sex of the baby, otherwise it is like an alien living in me! terrible I know! Congrats on picking a name too, we are SO having trouble with that process. I really like Caleb. We had our favorite girl name and favority boy name and never had alternatives....obviously already used our boy name so this go around with another boy is tough! If it were a girl we would be all set.

Unknown said...

Thanks for all your info...
i guess i can use them very well
Thanks..

http://www.mumzone.com.au/baby-names.php