TAT CN Header

Monday, January 24, 2011

Lost: Mojo

Call if found.

For the past few days, I haven't had much desire to run, and haven't logged any running miles since last Wednesday. I don't have any particular reason for the lack of running mojo, except that I have just been feeling plain 'ole tired. Which seems, so far, to be a dominant feeling during this pregnancy.

Part of me is wondering if I am a wee bit anemic; I was a little iron deficient when I was preggo with Norah -- enough that I took an iron supplement alongside my regular prenatal vitamin -- so I could be a little low on the Fe. Or, perhaps, I'm just pooped from a full teaching schedule, keeping up with a toddler, and being 5 months pregnant. I think those factors may be enough to make a girl a little spent.

I'm sure I'll stumble back across my mojo at some point, and in the meantime, I've been satisfied with daily walks instead of runs.

16 comments:

Julie D said...

Walking is excellent for regaining mojos!! Just make sure it's somewhere nice and with fresh air. I'm sure the urge will return sometime soon.

Lily on the Road said...

Jess, a full teaching schedule, keeping up with a toddler, and being 5 months pregnant. I think those factors may be enough to make a girl a little spent. Ya THINK?

Don't be so hard on yourself, you're doing just fine!!!

Marlene said...

I had to giggle at the above comment. Ya think??? :) I hope you find the mojo soon and in the meantime, enjoy those walks.

Heather said...

I'm sure just keeping up with your work schedule, Norah, and the baby growing is exhausting - I would be walking instead of running too. :)

Andy said...

I think all of our mojo waxes and wanes. Yours will be back soon enough :) Have a great week, and enjoy the low impact stuff!

lifestudent said...

I lose my mojo at about 1 minute pregnant - so you are still a stallion for doing what you do ;)

Ryan said...

Go rob a liqour store. That will give you reason to run.

Running 365 said...

Umm, yeah. You're growing an infant. I think all mojo lost is forgivable. Enjoy your walking!

Jim ... 50after40 said...

I have no idea how working moms with little ones do it ... plus workout - amazing! You deserve the rest!

Christine said...

Dont worry about it! Just take care of yourself and everything will be fine. I completely lost my mojo while I was pregnant...I was starting my career, buying a house, moving etc. I knew I just had to really prioritize everything to prevent myself from ending up on bedrest (not a good way to start your career). I just walked when I could...and then got back in shape as soon as I had the baby. Don't beat yourself up..just tell yourself 10 minutes a day of being active and you'll be amazed that once you are 10 minutes in..you'll probably finish the 30 mins.

Marci said...

I think you are smart to listen to your body, I am sure you will run soon when your body is ready!

The Boring Runner said...

Ohhh, dropping some chemistry knowledge on us with the Fe. Very nice.

I hear you on the mojo. I'm just going through the motions right now......

Heather Forcey said...

I was sooooo much more tired being pregnant with my second than I was with my first. You are doing great with all that you do.

N.D. said...

go with it! you'll get it back. I promise. The 2nd go around is much more draining.

teacherwoman said...

I wouldn't worry too much about it! You are a busy mommy! Rest up!

Krissy said...

yup, been there! I know how it goes...it is a bit frustrating when your used to your normal self but you have to cut yourself some slack :) walking is great for preggo's so there is nothing wrong with that!