TAT CN Header

Monday, January 03, 2011

Monday Miscellany

  • It's hard to believe that my break is basically over. I say "basically" because classes don't actually resume until Thursday, but I was busy today getting my courses ready, so it was essentially back-to-work for me.
  • The cool thing about being back at work today, though, is that I moved my office and I now have an office with a window! One faculty member retired after the fall term, and then there was a mass shifting of offices, and I was senior-enough to lay claim to an office with a view! And now it's mine, all mine! My precious...
  • Tomorrow, my stepmom and sister are coming to visit us for a few days. This will be the first time they will meet Norah, so it should be fun to have them here.
  • Tomorrow is also exciting, because in the morning, we have baby#2's anatomy ultrasound, which means...we get to find out the baby's sex! And, yes, we're totally the kind of people who can't wait for the surprise; we want to know! Although, that being said, it doesn't matter to us what sex the baby is -- we are happy with either -- but we're curious; plus, I want to be able to sort through all of Norah's stuff that I kept. If it's a boy, I'll be packing up a lot of stuff for Goodwill; if it's another girl, I'll be keeping nearly everything.

12 comments:

Julie D said...

Have fun introducing the kiddo and finding out the sex of the other!

Also, yay to window views!

James said...

Congrats on the office! Having a window is the best perk an office can have. Good luck at the Doctor!

Marlene said...

Have a great visit with your stepmom and sister and good luck at the ultrasound! Exciting!!!

chia said...

Norah is so lucky :-) She's going to be the cutest big sister evah!

I officially have office envy now. My cube is covered in puse colored fabric. ew.

B. Kramer said...

Ah, nobody wants to be surprised anymore. Too much money involved to wait that long, I suppose. Congrats on the new office. Cheers to 2011.

lee said...

Ooh, that's exciting. I would definitely find out the sex if I was pregnant.

runner26 said...

I loved that appt! Totally couldnt wait either. But the best news was that she was healthy. Good luck tomorrow!

MCM Mama said...

Yay for an office with a window! Will you share with us when you find out? I have to say having two kids that are the same sex and season has saved us a ton of money on clothes!

fancy nancy said...

How exciting!!! Can't wait to hear what the baby is!!!

heathermareed said...

What a big day you have ahead! So exciting, hope you have time to post tomorrow :)

Katie A. said...

Just getting all caught up! SORRY!

Christmas looks like it was a blast! I love those special holidays where you can stay home with the ones you love the most and lunge in your PJ's ;)

And I loved the goals wrap up for 2010 - you did great! I'm so in awe you paid off your student loans - that is huge. *sigh* that seems like a ways off still :p

Enjoy the visit with the family, and good luck at your appointment!

N.D. said...

so exciting! good luck! It seems like '11 is a year of the boy but I thought '09 was the year of the boy also. I'll guess a girl.