TAT CN Header

Saturday, October 23, 2010

ZooTastic

Today, we went to the Miami Zoo, and it was an awesome day. The last time we took Norah to the zoo, she was only about 7 months old, so she wasn't all that interested. But this time? She dug it. Here are some pics.

Norah admiring the elephants (elephants not pictured here -- but use your imagination). Norah and I by a lion!
Norah and I by the giraffes. Norah got to feed a giraffe, but she was actually a little creeped out by the experience. We thought she'd love it, but she was more hesitant than we thought she'd be. Her way of giving the lettuce to the giraffe seemed to say, "Ack! Here, you go ahead and have it!"
Norah's favorite part of the day actually had nothing to do with animals and everything to do with the water park featured in part of the zoo.
Here she is trying to drink the water. Yeeeaahh, she got splashed in the face quite a few times ;)
She got completely soaked, but that was fine (I had packed an extra set of clothes anyway), and the water park fun seemed to totally revive her in the early afternoon. And it helped her last a little longer as we finished up the exhibits.

This was not the end of our zoo day, but it was the end of my camera's battery life. Which brings me to a separate note: I need a new camera! One that actually takes the picture when I push the button. Any recommendations? I want a point and shoot camera (I don't want to spend the money, nor do I want to have to return to school for a Master's in Photography for an SLR).

20 comments:

Heather said...

Fun day at the zoo!

I have a Sony cyber-shot that I really like, and my needs for a camera are pretty similar to yours - take the picture when I push the bottom, and no reading the users manual required.

Unknown said...

I used to take my kids to the zoo often, this brings back memories. And the good thing is that my daughter STILL likes the zoo. She went there with her boyfriend a few weeks ago and took all kinds of photos with the animals.

I have a panasonic lumix zr1 that I bought in july and i LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of Canon cameras. Pick a price range and get the one with the longest OPTICAL zoom, probably not more than 10x or 12x. Don't be fooled by digital zoom, longer optical zoom will give you better pictures.

If you want to go crazy reading up, check out this website.

http://www.dpreview.com/

Marlene said...

Sounds like a fun day! I haven't been to the zoo in years.

Charbelle said...

She's soooooo cute!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Love how she's excited she gets! I have a tiny Canon camera that's small enough that I actually carry a camera more often-->taking more pictures. Have fun camera shopping!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Norah is just a doll!! Love her little personality.

No tips on cameras- I am also hoping to get a new one myself so I look forward to your camera review when you get a new one!!

Crissy Rae said...

Cute pics! Looks like Norah really enjoyed her zoo experience.
We are also thinking about getting a new camera so I have no good advice on that front but I hope you guys find a good one!

Erin said...

I admit it, I laughed out loud at the images in my head that followed the photo of Norah trying to drink the water :-)

As for a camera, I, too, have a Sony Cybershot and it does exactly what I want it to do. And for a future note for you, it takes really awesome race photos :-)

Agate Lake Girl said...

Look like a great day. Glad your camera battery didn't die earlier, those were some cute pics!

Julie D said...

That first pic is so adorable!

Katie A. said...

Are you feeding her cute pills? Cuz she gets cutter every time you post a pic!

Sorry to hear about the morning sickness, maybe it won't last as long this time! Good luck!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I love that shoot of Norah trying to drink the water. Priceless.

Good luck on the camera hunt!

JojaJogger said...

Looks like Norah had a great time!

RunningLaur said...

I just got a new Nikon Coolpix L22. The older model that I had lasted 5 years (with lots of college parties, beer, and travel) and best of all it uses 2AA batteries, so if they run out and there's something important to catch, you can always buy a few more batteries anywhere.

arcteryx said...

Your photos are fantastic..

James said...

Our kids love the waterparks. If there is a small area with shooting water they can play in, we'll spend 1/3 of the day there.

MCM Mama said...

Love the picture of her trying to drink the water!

I have one of the cheapest versions of the Nikon Coolpix (wanted to be able to run with it and carry it in a pocket) and it has served me well so far.

Anonymous said...

How can that lion be so non-chalant about Norah's cuteness?

StephanieC said...

I know im a bit late, just catching up on you. Congrats too btw.
As for cameras, the Lumix ones are FANTASTIC.