TAT CN Header

Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Run and A Latte: Must Be Feeling Okay

Today was the first day this week that I woke up feeling mostly normal. So, I went for a run. I am slower than slow right now, so I've already decided to ditch the Garmin, but Norah and I did 3 miles and it felt pretty good. It was overcast this morning, and the cloud cover was nice; however, it was incredibly humid, so I was a Sweaty-McSweaterson when we finished.

The (mostly) settled stomach has continued so far today (knock on wood), and I even managed to stomach an iced latte on my way in to work! I have been missing coffee like terrible (and going through caffeine-withdrawal alongside 1st trimester ickiness is not cool), but I haven't been able to even stomach the idea of coffee for the past month or so. But, I was feeling good, and I figured a latte would sit pretty well since it has so much milk in it. It...was...awesome!

Of course, after the first caffeine that I've had in over a month, I'm now a little jittery and the post-coffee slump will probably strike right about the time I have actual class, but it was so worth it! Coffee, I have missed you. I hope this morning sickness passes soon so we can re-kindle our love affair (in a moderate amount, of course -- preggo ladies have to limit themselves).

19 comments:

TNTcoach Ken said...

Come on, we want puke stories..........ha

Marlene said...

Don't listen to Ken!

Glad you were able to get in a nice run and a some coffee!

Katie A. said...

Yayy for a run and coffee! I can't imagine not being able to drink coffee. They will have to committ me if I ever can't have any! The withdrawls would be ugly!

Love the Norah pics, too!

Julie D said...

I drink decaf... seems to help with the jitteriness.

Also, I love running w/o Garmin! Sometimes, I think it takes the "fun" outta running.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say I have been reading your blog for awhile and you motivated me to make running a habit again after my baby was born. I just finished 21 straight days! Thanks and congratulations!

Anonymous said...

So what is it with the damned humidity lately? Is there a petition I can sign?

Wes said...

giving up coffee is just brutal!

teacherwoman said...

I don't know how I will ever be able to give up caffeine!

Anonymous said...

Starbuck's Pike Place decaf got me through my last pregnancy. It's so good (without all the caffeine) that I still haven't switch back.

Pretend this is real said...

One thing that helps a lot of women with morning sickness is candied ginger. Ginger is great at settling your stomach naturally. Candied ginger is great at making your day. ;) Sometimes you can even find it covered in chocolate.

lee said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better! I don't know if I could do the no caffeine thing!

Unknown said...

i never had morning sickness, i think if I had, i might only have one child...

Krissy said...

I notice yesterday I am getting lots slower than even 3 weeks ago. The goal is just to get out and feel good, glad you had a good run! And a yummy latte!

Jess said...

Glad you are feeling a little bit better! Hope things continue to improve!

MNFirefly said...

I am glad that you are feeling a little bit better.

chris mcpeake said...

Running and coffee .. the staples of life

Lily on the Road said...

LOL at Ken, I'm just catching up and I have to thank you, well, really Norah for making me laugh out loud. The photo's of her at the zoo and the one of her trying to crawl through the chair, well they are just priceless. She is THE cutest wee one ever!

Glad you're feeling a little less barfy....despite Ken trying to taunt you...

marmot said...

great post...congrats and keep it up..

Elena said...

I drink cafe au lait and black coffee.