TAT CN Header

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Grump

After a few good nights of sleep, Norah went and screwed with me last night by waking up at midnight, 3 am, 4 am, 5:30 am and then for good at about 6:15 am. I don't know what was up with that, so I will chock it up to randomness and hope it doesn't repeat too frequently. For the most part, she's always been a good, solid sleeper, but ever since we went to MN a few weeks ago, her sleep quality seems hit and miss.

Anyway, she was perfectly chipper and full of energy this morning, but I was not. In fact, I was a Grumpapotamus, whose grumpiness couldn't even be cured by coffee. So, I certainly did NOT want to run; however, Thursday is my busy day -- classes until 9 pm -- so opting out of the morning run and chosing an evening run was not an option today.

So, what I'd do?

Took Norah and my bad mood for a run. The bad mood was probably more burdensome than Norah, but the run did help to shake that off some. It was a slow 3 miler, but that's fine -- I considered it a recovery run after last night's 6 miler.

Tomorrow morning, Norah is going to daycare in the morning so I have time to finish some of our packing and readying for our weekend camping trip to the Keys, and I also plan on getting an early 8 miler in so I don't have to worry about running anything long while we're camping. I'll let you know how it goes.

8 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Way to kick out a few miles to start the day off... even if you're a grump!

Charbelle said...

You rock!!!

Marlene said...

Way to fight the grumps and get out there!

Andrew Opala said...

Awesome even for a grumpy old bat!

Katie A. said...

Way to get out there and beat the Grumpapotamus - I can totally relate!
And...good job on the buggy six miler! Whoo hoo!

Jamie said...

I love running when I'm grumpy. It totally clears my head. Good for you to getting out there!

Christine said...

PLEASE tell me your secret of getting out and run even when you are in a bad mood!!! O need that :)

N.D. said...

Teething? Hope it doesn't happen again! way to get out there.