TAT CN Header

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Awards

I've been given two awards this week by fellow bloggers, so I figured I'd tackle them both in one post.

First of all, Jamoosh bestowed upon me the "Cherry on Top" Award.
For this, I was asked one very difficult question: If I had the chance to go back and change one thing in my life, would I and what would it be?

Like others who have already answered this one, I have made lots of mistakes and have done, and said, some regretful things. I've had "failure" in nearly every sphere of my life thus far: family, romance, parenthood, friendship, finance, career, and running, and there are certainly many instances that beg to be re-written. However, each "error" taught me more than many of my successes or triumphs ever did, and much of who I am today has been shaped by many of those unfortunate, and sometimes harmful, choices. I think that what most of us come to regret are not the things we DID do, but the things we did NOT do.

So, this may seem like a cop out, and admittedly, it is, but I've been thinking on this topic for several days now, and I honestly can't think of a single opportunity I feel as though I've missed out on so far. Therefore, I opt to focus on just one smidgen of the question: "Would I?" Would I change anything if given the chance? My answer: Nope. Not a thing.

The other award was given to me by AJH, and this is the "Happy 101" award.
Here, I need to list 10 things I like. Phew! Much easier than the previous one! Here ya go:

1. Norah hugs.
2. Jerry's cooking.
3. Scooter's soft ears.
4. Coffee.
5. Beer.
6. Reading before bed.
7. Norah's naptime.
8. Running.
9. "Mad Men."
10. Friday nights.

Now, I'm supposed to tag 6 people for the first one and an additonal 10 for the second award. Ummmm...You know that I think that's too much work, right? So, if you haven't yet been tagged by either of these awards, considered yourself thoughtfully selected by yours truly.

Lastly, "thanks" to Jamoosh for the first award. He's been a long time reader of my blog -- and I think the only reason he began reading was his amusement at my drunk post-bowling posts, and for some reason, he stuck around and seems to still find me entertaining enough to continue reading although I never get drunk enough anymore to mistype my blog posts.

Also, thanks to AJH for the second award. Her blog is always full of positive inspiration, and she always leaves thoughtful and encouraging comments here that I appreciate!

9 comments:

MCM Mama said...

Don't worry. When Norah gets a bit older, you can go back to drunk posting. Just sayin'

N.D. said...

drunk posting. That's awesome!!

I like how you have no regrets!!

Jess said...

Man I miss the good old drunk posting days. Those were kind of hilarious!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Why regret what got you "here"?

drunk posting? funny!! Without the durnk posting you might not remember half of what you did.

Charbelle said...

I have to agree with you about all the mistakes and failures having the impact to make me who I am now. I love that you put up drunk post after bowling, I've facebooked drunk but not blogged, drunk fb is dangerous!! It's as bad as drunk texting which replaced the college drunk dialing :)

ajh said...

Thanks for doing this. I agree with 4, 6, 8 and 10! I can't wait for Friday night this week! It has been so hot at school I am ready for the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Wow- you won "a major award!" (Christmas Story movie reference there). It's almost Friday night!

runner26 said...

great answers!

Anonymous said...

Friday Nights - until the Saturday Long Runs kick in...