TAT CN Header

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

700

And 3, actually.

See, as of Monday's run, my yearly mileage hit a nice, round 700. And then yesterday, I ran another 3, so the year's mileage now sits at 703. With a little more than 3 calendar months left in 2010, I think I shall aim to hit 1,000 miles. That means, of course, maintaining an average of 100 miles a month for the remainder of the year.

Challenge extended...challenge accepted!

In other news, the people who are installing the tile in our bathroom are supposed to start this afternoon, and yesterday, they dropped off the materials. Yeah, it's been fun trying to keep Norah off this stuff:And, let's be honest: A better mom would keep her child off of the building materials instead of taking pictures of her child climbing on said materials.

The tile is the last major component of the bathroom remodel. Right now, things look like this: Below is a pic from the hallway of the master bedroom into the bathroom. We have a weird master bath -- to the right is a walk-in closet and to the left is a vanity, and then, straight ahead is the bathroom itself.
Here's the bathroom with the new (so shiny and clean!) counter tops, cabinets, and fixtures:
And here's the view from the opposite side of the bathroom: New tub, tile is gonna be all along the wall there around the tub.
So, yeah: It's looking good so far. But, I'm so ready for this remodeling project to be finished, and once the tile is in, finishing should be pretty fast. This has been a project that has lasted about 2 months now, and while I know that construction messes are just part and parcel of a remodel, and they are temporary, it's been hard to live with this mess in our bedroom:
Yes, that's a table saw under some of the piled materials, and yes, that's the bathroom door leaned against the footboard of our bed. If you were to walk around to the other side of the bed, you'd be greeted by an air compressor.

I'm a pretty patient person, and a pretty flexible person: I understand that I just have to go with the flow of things. But after 2 months, a girl no longer wants to have to step around a table saw to get to the dresser. You know?

22 comments:

Unknown said...

we've done plenty of remodel projects over the years. I hate the chaos while it's in progress, but it's always worth it in the end!

Andrew Opala said...

That washroom looks done - I'd start using it if I were you - tiles are for sissy's!

Charbelle said...

Wow, you rock!!! The bathroom already looks fantastic, looking forward to seeing the finished pics, and I would be going batty after 2 months if I had to step over a saw to get to my dresser!!!

Anonymous said...

here's to 700 more!

Krissy said...

ohhh...I love the bathroom, it looks so far that is has been worth the inconvenience!

Unknown said...

Remodeling messes are no fun! Norah is getting so big and is as cute as always. Loved your camping pics!

Marlene said...

You are all over the challenges this year! You can reach that 1000 for sure.

The bathroom is looking great!!

teacherwoman said...

Nice job on the mileage! And the bathroom will be done soon! That has to be a good feeling!

chris mcpeake said...

Congrats on 700

N.D. said...

nice-that is my goal too now- thanks for making me go look to see where I am at!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Your new bathroom looks beautiful. I am sure it will be worth it when it is all done.

Thanks for your comments on my post today. I know it is challengening to share personal opinions when we are very accustomed to painting a relatively narrow rosey picture of ourselves. I appreciate you widen the view into who you are!

Aron said...

yayyy you will definitely get 1000!

TNTcoach Ken said...

More challenges??? Three hundred miles in three months in the cold of Florida??? Oh wait, I was referring to my next three months....... Never mind!

The Boring Runner said...

I like to think I am "handy" and my wife likes to think that I am "slow and clumsy". We combine to drag out projects for months.

I would totally let my daughter climb on the building supplies. That way I'd think she was at least pulling her weight.

Anonymous said...

How exciting to see the bathroom come together!

It's not everyday we get to play on building supplies...it's okay for Norah to have fun on it!

ajh said...

My eyes went to all the books. I didn't notice any mess.

Heather said...

Your bathroom is going to look great when it's finished - hopefully it will be worth all the mess!

1000 is totally doable.

RunToTheFinish said...

you should jsut let norah install it, I bet it would go faster and maybe she'd create a masterpiece :)

MN Mom said...

finally I'm at Shannon's Rylee is napping and I am getting to use a real commputer. I read blogs but don't comment much as its too frustrating on the i phone.
I wanted to say I love the new bathroom! It is going to be fabulous! Nora is always fabulous!

StephanieC said...

Can't wait to see the bathroom done. I have a rental property and just did the tiling in it myself, its one of my favourite jobs (i just hate the grouting) see here if you are interested http://myeyesanthology.blogspot.com/2010/09/update.html

Agate Lake Girl said...

I don't think I ever got the chance to comment and say how great the bathroom is looking. Can't wait to see the final result.

Unknown said...

Delicate pictures.The more time you take doing research and developing detailed plans, the easier it will be to stay within that budget.

glorry