TAT CN Header

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Catching Up

Norah is doing better.

She hasn't had a fever since Sunday night, and last night, she slept better than she had the previous 3 nights, so the anitbiotics must be doing their work. She went to her regular pediatrician yesterday, and even though she didn't love getting re-examined, I took comfort from seeing her regular physician and having him confirm what the urgent care pediatrician diagnosed. Not that the urgent care physician is any less a legitimate doctor, but...it's tough entirely trusting them.

Anyhoo, she's on the mend, and that's the important thing. (She has 4 days until we go camping, so she needs to make sure she's in tip-top shape for her first foray into "roughing it"!)

So, I ran a 3 miler last night on my own, and this morning, Norah and I did another 3 miler. So far, my mileage for September is really piddly, and it's already the middle of the month, so I hope to try and fit a few longer, solo runs in later in the week.

As of today's run, I have 87 consecutive runs invested in this streak: 13 more days until the big 100! I can do it, I can do it, I can do it...

17 comments:

B. Kramer said...

Glad to hear that Norah is feeling better. Ear infections are no fun. I used to get them a lot as a child. You are well on your way to 100. Keep it up. Cheers!

Charbelle said...

You can totally do it!!! So glad to hear that Miss Norah is doing better!!

JojaJogger said...

Yes you can do it! Glad to hear Norah is on the mend and the streak is intact.

Wes said...

double yay! :-)

Marlene said...

You can DEFINITELY do it!

Glad to hear that Norah is feeling better. Camping should be great!

teacherwoman said...

Super glad to hear she is feeling better.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

You have got 100 in the bag! Never doubted you.

So glad Norah is feeling and sleeping better.

You asked about the music in my jogger. My Jeep jogger has built in speakers that I can just put an MP3 or whatever kind of player into the jack (there is a compartment for it to set in on the top tray with the cup holders) and music comes out up behind the passengers head. I have had this jogger for over 2 years and this is the first I've used it. I don't like music while I run. It make me sing along and then I miss noticing nature/life while I am running. Yuck! BUT LBM is getting wiggly and I need something more interactive to entertain him (until he gets his little kid version of a DSi @ Christmas time. I may have to break down and give it sooner!)

Tricia said...

You can do it!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Run Forrest run..........

Unknown said...

little engine that could... :-)

Christine said...

YES, you CAN do it!!!

Emily said...

You can do it!

I also wanted to let you know that you've inspired me to do my own streak. I'm on day 6 of 10 (hey, have to start somewhere.) Today I would have talked myself out of running if it weren't for the streak. Thanks!

MCM Mama said...

Poor girly! Glad to hear she is feeling better.

You can do it!!

SavvyFitChica said...

you can do it for sure!

I'm glad little Norah is getting better. Sick babies make me sad =[

Have fun camping!

RunToTheFinish said...

a 100 streak with everything you have going that just rocks!!

Heather said...

Glad Norah is feeling better. Sophie has always had lots of ear infections and it seems after just a couple of doses of the antibiotics things improve fast.

Jess said...

So glad to hear that Norah is doing better! I bet she have lots of fun camping now that she's healthy!