TAT CN Header

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

All Sorts of Stuff

Things have been a whirlwind in the Jess and Jer-Bear household as of late, primarily because we (read: Jerry) have been working like well-oiled machines getting the bathroom remodel finished. Thankfully, last night at about 9 pm, we were both able to finally sit down and survey the accomplishment: A finished bathroom.

Pictures will be forthcoming.

The big push to finish was prompted by today's arrival of my SIL, who is staying with us for a week. We wanted it done before she got here, and while it is done, other household cleaning that I like to have done before houseguests arrive was ignored. So our home is not as clean as I'd like to be for her arrival. I know she won't care, but I care. Oh well, these are the small things I just have to let go of.

Lastly, I think I chose the perfect timing for ending the streak since a Tropical Storm rolled in yesterday, and it's been a downpour for the past 48 hours. And, yes, I took yesterday completely off running and I do believe I will also be resting today. It feels good to not have to run. Plus, I think a few days away from it will help restore my desire to want to get back to it; I was losing that desire at the end of the streak.

I have other thoughts on the streak that I'd like to share, plus there are those bathroom pics and a review or two that have been sitting on the back burner for awhile, so I have lots of blog material, now I just need to find a few spare moments to write it all out!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am betting your house is cleaner than you think. Jaclyn and I are not the best housekeepers and sometimes we say "WTF" when family or friends are coming over, but we keep hearing how clean our house is. Me thinks family and friends must be some big time dirt bags...

Charbelle said...

LOL above comment just made me laugh!!
So exciting that the bathroom is complete, looking forward to the pictures!!! I can see how you are needing a break from the running! My 1/2 is Sunday and I am so glad that I won't have to train for the next week afterwards!! Especially since I have class finished off with an all essay test following the 1/2.
I'm sure y'all will have a wonderful visit!!

Marlene said...

We have a houseguest arriving tomorrow and I have been scrambling to clean the house, which has been neglected with all of this training!

Glad you enjoyed the rest! now hopefully you can find a few minutes to rub together and get caught up.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Lots to look forward too in Jess-land. I am eager to see those after photos.

Enjoy getting that want to run feeling back!

teacherwoman said...

Yay for a finished bathroom. Can't wait to see pics. Glad you are enjoying your non-running days as well!

Katie A. said...

Whoo hoo! Congrats to you (and Jer) on finishing up!

And congrats on the streak - I'm sure some good old rest and time off will help you light that fire again ;)

Crissy Rae said...

yeah, i am not impressed with this tropical storm. i think we've had regular storms with more power than this one... not complaining since i don't want to deal with that crap but i do wish the news would chill out a bit!

Krissy said...

can't wait to see the pics! sometimes having a deadline like you had with your SIL coming to visit is all you need to wrap something up fast!

Carolina John said...

Good luck on the remodel. it's not always easy but usually worth it. 100 days is really impressive too.

MCM Mama said...

Yay for a complete bathroom!

I think that storm just arrived here and that I'll be hitting the treadmill for the remaining 6 miles tomorrow...

Jess said...

We're getting tropical storm downpours up in DC today.

I'm glad you're getting to take some time off from running. You'll want to get back to it soon enough.

And can't wait to see the bathroom pics. I bet it looks great.

Unknown said...

Ok Jess tell me how you managed to find time to blog and keep up with all the blogs your read after Norah was born? I feel like I have no time to get anything done these days!

The Boring Runner said...

I heard a few guys in the hotel lounge talking about that TS. They were really hoping that it didn't screw up their flights.

Can't wait to see the pictures! I'm sort of a remodeling dork. :)

BrianFlash said...

I like to keep my house dirty for visitors. That way, when they leave they are better than we are in a minor way.

I just want to help keep their morale up!

Unknown said...

Nice feeling after the work has been finished.You can save the cost of hiring a designer by doing your own bathroom remodeling plans.

jully