TAT CN Header

Sunday, August 02, 2009

My Boys

Thanks for the encouragement on yesterday's post; I know I just have to remain patient. It's just tough. And yes, without getting specific, we have been trying all the supposed natural ways to induce labor. Well, except for Castor oil, because frankly I think that the possible 'rhea would be worse than just being patient and waiting!

I was talking to Jerry today about my feeling stressed and anxious about the waiting, and one thing that has occurred to me is that these feelings may be bothering me more than they usually would because I am not running. Usually, running is my primary stress reliever, and whenever I am feeling tense and worked up, I can count on a run to put me back in the right frame of mind, but since it's been 7 weeks since I stopped running, I think this has had its mental affect on me as well.

Walking and yoga are perfectly good exercise, and they have certainly been a good substitute to help me remain active in these final weeks, but ultimately they are not the same as running. So, in short, I miss it. And I clearly need it as well. But, I suppose it's hiatuses (not sure of the plural on that word: hiati? that can't be right) like this that help give me perspective and help me appreciate what running can do for me, not just physically, but mentally and emotionally as well.

Anyhoo...other than waiting for the baby and missing running, there's not much for me to blog about: It's a rare moment when I don't have much to yammer on about, but I really do feel tapped for ideas lately. So, to tide you over, here's a little Jer-Bear and Scooter cuteness: We always joke that Scooter is part mountain goat because he likes to climb on top of the furniture, but I think he might also be part parrot since he looks like he's perched over Jerry's shoulder!

18 comments:

Relentless Forward Commotion said...

scooter is so cute! He's going to be a great big brother!

Lily on the Road said...

jammer on, you are entitled...

can you imagine if you were having to make your own soap, churn your own butter, boil water to clean your clothes, milk the cow, catch a chicken, you wouldn't be so frustrated nor worried, now, go for a good long walk with Jerry & Scooter, it'll be good for you....

teacherwoman said...

Enjoy the down time before the baby comes! You're going to be one busy mommy in no time!

Unknown said...

My cats like to be positioned liked scooter. Actually, my cats might be as big as scooter (they are big cats)

Shannon said...

Just wait...you'll have a slew of things to blog about and I can't wait to read about them.

Running 365 said...

Isn't it great to miss running though? It makes me feel like a real athlete when I actually want to run but can't. Maybe that's completely silly. I'm totally with you on the running=sanity thing though. You'll be back out there (with the jogger stroller) soon!

mikedickey123 said...

Dude! We totally say our dog is part mountain goat too, but that's because when we go hike camelback mountain, which is pretty steep, she practically runs up it and is super daring! She loves it!

What a cute picture!

X-Country2 said...

You'll be back running before you know it. :o)

Aron said...

you are doing awesome girl and little norah will be here before you know it! hang in there :)

Anonymous said...

I think Scooter has the best seat!You'll be back running soon.

Natalie D said...

hmm..why don't you try jogging and see how it feels! maybe then the baby will get po'ed and decide to come meet you!

Tanya said...

I know how you feel about missing running. I was looking up postpartum races the other day to make myself feel better. Take some time with your hubby to make a belly cast--its a fun bonding experience! Google it to see what it is if you are unfamiliar.

B. Kramer said...

Hiatuses or just hiatus for plural.

Just hold your nose and blow. The kid should just pop out.

Carolina John said...

this calm will be sorely missed in just a few days. enjoy it while you can!

Wes said...

hang in there chica! You are in the last six miles of the marathon :-)

My dogs like to perch on the couch like that while Dee Dee is eating. Reminds me of Snoopy in the tree of the Charlie Brown comics!

Julie D said...

Spend some time relaxing, walking, stretching, looking up if "hiati" is a word, etc. etc. I agree with the others... enjoy your downtime!

Jess said...

Sorry that you're missing running. I hope Norah comes quickly and you can get a few runs in once you all get settled in!

Mon said...

HI i found your blog through the comment you left on Nikki's blog... I gave birth at 37w5 d and what got it started were the foot massages ! There are points on your ankles that trigger labor so most places don't give foot massages to pregnant women when getting pedicure. So if you want, go for it ! And btw, i needed help with speeding the contractions and my midwife gave me a recipe for castor oil cocktail after my waters broke. No rhea and yay it worked really well and I had natural, no drugs delivery !
Good luck