TAT CN Header

Saturday, August 08, 2009

40 Weeks: Let's Get This Show on the Road

According to BabyCenter, I've had my baby by now. Interesting, because she's not here yet and I still look and feel an awful lot like a pregnant woman.

So, at this point, Norah has about 34 hours to decide to come on her own; otherwise, at 6 pm tomorrow evening, we're going to the hospital and allowing modern medicine to coax her out. I'm really glad that we did decide to schedule the induction for tomorrow because my patience has expired.

Although, I am hoping that because Norah has decided that she's cool just chillaxin' in the womb for as long as she pleases that this means she'll have a laid back personality; I could dig an easy-going baby (and as long as I'm fantasizing, I might as well also wish for her to have no troubles breastfeeding, for her to sleep through the night as early as possible, and to start scoring TV gigs, like diaper commercials, and earning an income).

So, the plan for the weekend is to mostly relax since it is presumably our last weekend to be child-free. We might go see a movie today (Jerry is itching to see GI Joe), and I want to read my book (The Time Traveler's Wife -- it's really good so far, I wonder if the movie holds up), and, in general, get a few final preparatory things ready for Norah's arrival.

I'd like to say that I plan to go to bed early and sleep well tonight, but the reality is that I may not sleep much at all in anticipation; however, I've slept like a champ for the past couple of nights, so I feel well-rested in general.

In the meantime, I'll keep you updated if anything actually happens today or early tomorrow, but otherwise, I'll post tomorrow evening before we head off to the hospital. Enjoy your Saturday!

26 comments:

C said...

It might be helpful to go see GI Joe. Norah might get curious about all the explosions and wanna take a look for herself.

Or it could scare her shitless and make her wanna stay in your tummy forever.

It's a crap shoot. I know.

Lily on the Road said...

Go for a run, mow the lawn, do the laundry, just saying! : )

Time Travellers Wife is an awesome book!!

Good Luck chillax'n, Norah will be here in no time!

Nicole said...

Take a tylenol PM! My first baby had an eviction notice (aka induction date/time set) and I went into labor 7 hours before we were suppose to be at the hospital for the induction to start. Made for a speedy first labor. ENJOY your "last weekend". I think I scrubbed our entire kitchen on my hands and knees the day before my induction....You know, I was all paranoid that the house wasn't going to be clean enough when we brought the baby home. As if the baby would come out crawling or something! Anyway, enjoy and GL!!

Christie said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see pictures of Baby Norah. Enjoy your weekend.

Marci said...

Your almost there, good luck and can't wait to "meet" Norah!

cinemarie said...

Wow! She's going to be here by Monday for sure - that is so cool!!!! Enjoy your day!!

I want to be a success story said...

Good luck! The Time Travelers Wife was a great book, and I'm anxious to see the movie! Hope everything goes great for you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess,

I don't know you but came across your blog about five months ago and read it every day now. I'm a fellow runner and nearly 27 weeks pregnant so get a kick out of reading your daily antics. I just wanted to wish you good luck tomorrow. Can't wait to read how it all goes.

Take care,
Crissy M.

TonyP said...

Wow, you made 40 weeks ! I heard a dose of Chinese food helps to get the process started. :)

Unknown said...

Enjoy your last quiet weekend. I'm excited for you to "get to the finish line" :-)

Unknown said...

I had to laugh. Not only at you but the way you said "Let's Get This Show on the Road." That is my oldest daughter's favorite thing to say. Whenever we are ready to go for something, Erin ALWAYS say "Let's get the show on the road."

I am getting very excited for you and J. Good Luck. Any minute!!!

JojaJogger said...

Wow, Norah is almost here! Best wishes for the entire family in the next 48 hours or so.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you had a virtual baby and didn't know it!

I know a number of folks are looking forward to pictures of Norah, but I would be lying if I didn't say I was looking forward to more bowling night pictures!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you!! I wish you luck and all the best this weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the updates!! So excited to meet her :) Best of wishes!!

-meg

J~Mom said...

I will be thinking about you! :>)

Natalie D said...

so exciting! enjoy today!!!

Carolina John said...

PICTURE!!! pic pic pic picture at 40 weeks..... come on.... 40 weeks picture....

Marlene said...

I'm waiting for my sister to finish that book so I can borrow it!

Hope you enjoy the weekend.

Come on, Norah!

runner26 said...

I am almost finished w/ Time Travelers Wife. Excellent read!! Best of luck in the next 34 hours!

Teacher Pursuits said...

YAY!! The memories are so fresh in my mind... I have a great feeling what you're going through - its the best thing to know that the end (and the beginning) is so near. Best wishes tomorrow... you'll do great!

Crissy Rae said...

She'll be here before you know it :)

X-Country2 said...

So close! Good luck with the home stretch.

MCM Mama said...

Good luck!! Hope everything goes smoothly and Norah decides to join you on your own or to at least go easy on you with the induction.

I loved Time Travelers Wife. Definitely finish it before you head to the hospital. LOL

Stuart said...

It's just time now...actually 38 weeks is considered full enough term anything more than that is just gravy!

RunnerGirl said...

Good luck, can't wait to hear the update and see pictures of Norah!