TAT CN Header

Friday, August 01, 2008

Friday Randomness

So, lots of tidbits for you folks today:
  • Yeah, we rocked bowling, yet again. My games were as follows: 104, 143, 117. Clearly, game 2 was the perfect amount of beer before sliding into drunkenness.
  • Our scores helped us get 7 out of the 9 points, and that means we knocked the #1 team out of 1st place. It didn't put us there, but the victory was still satisfying.
  • This morning I discovered that jelly has an expiration date. I woke with a craving for a piece of toast with PB and J, and while the toast was toasting, I opened the jelly and it smelled funky. I checked to see if there was an expiration date, and sure enough, it expired 3 weeks ago. I never knew that jelly went bad. Does this mean I also need to comb through the salad dressings for expiration dates? Shit.
  • Scooter's toys all have names. For example, he has a little stuffed fox that we call "Dirt Shrew" (if you've seen season 3 of "Weeds," you'll get the reference). He also has a new toy that he really likes; it's a cow that we call Moomacita. Moomacita bounces in an unpredictable way, and this morning when I was throwing her and Franken-Dog for Scooter, I knocked over a lamp. 2nd lamp that has been the victim of Moomacita's bounce. I may need to restrict her use.
  • I only have 3 days of summer classes left -- next Monday-Wednesday. Then I get 11 days off before we begin the fall term on August 18th. I am VERY excited for those 11 days.
  • Today, Stephenie Meyer's last enstallment in the "Twilight" series, "Breaking Dawn," comes out. And I'm torn. I want to read it so badly I can barely contain myself, yet I have papers to read, laundry to do, and another book which I'm halfway through. I know I should just wait and buy it on Wednesday afternoon, when I'm all done with classes, so I can enjoy it without interruption, but on the other hand, I'm just dying to gobble it up!

11 comments:

RunnerGirl said...

I've been eagerly awaiting Breaking Dawn as well. For some reason though, I thought it came out tomorrow. So glad I read your post, I'm now heading for the bookstore :)

Anonymous said...

Some bright, young college student should do their thesis on alcohol and the ability to roll a ball down an alley.

Kevin said...

By the end of the season you should have it down to a science in regards to the perfect number of beers to drink in order to score high

Anonymous said...

Yay for 11 days off.

I'm a few books behind on Meyer's series. I'm still waiting for them from the library (what can I say, I'm a librarian, so I feel I should actually USE the library), so warn us if you decide to read and discuss the new one. :o)

Erin said...

After hearing everyone rave about the Stephanie Meyers series I figure I may have to branch out and give it a try. I am very disappointed with one of my authors and am trudging through her book right now. I need something to excite me that's a quick read.

Marcy said...

Oy, I didn't know that little fact about jelly. But dang thanks for reminding me about dressing, I think we've got some "oldies" in ours *puke*

I'm glad to see you're well this AM ;-)

E said...

I didn't know that about jelly either. I'll have to check ours!

Ian said...

Yeah, jelly has an expiration date, but usually it's 4 or 5 years out so it's probably best that you threw it out.

Viv said...

I better check my jelly. I thought as long as you keep it in the fridge your good. Bring on the countdown to some summer to enjoy!

Great prior post , classic bowling Jess material

Christie said...

I can't keep jelly long enough for it to go bad. PB&J is as essential as air. And I don't know why, but Moomacita tickles me.

Agate Lake Girl said...

I'm about halfway through the book. It's good and different than I expected in certain ways. Can't wait to hear your thoughts!