TAT CN Header

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Chores and then Fun

This morning, I went and got my hair trimmed. It looks okay. I'm never all that ecstatic about haircuts, and the only part I really like about going is when they wash my hair. Feels good to have them rub my head.

Then I went and got my eyebrows waxed. Should be a simple thing. 5 minutes. But the girl I had today was clearly new, and she was not only slow, but she also managed to get wax in my hair and on my shirt. In the years (years!) I have been going to salons and getting my eyebrows waxed, I have never had someone get wax on me. Not even at a beauty school. I hope that washes out.

Last stop at the mall was Old Navy. Their jeans are on sale, and I picked up a new pair (only $26.50 -- seems like last place in the world where jeans cost less than $30).

On my way home, I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few items, so I decided to simply stop into the "old people" store. No, not owned by old people. Over-populated by old people. I hate that particular Publix: It's too small, it's got too much stuff in the aisles, making it hard to navigate, and it is elderly central. I stood in the "express" line for 10 full minutes; in part because the cashier wasn't real concerned about the sea of people in her line, but also in part because every old person on the planet feels as though they must dig around in their purse or wallet for exact change. I nearly paid for the lady in front of me just to get her moving!

So, this morning was kind of a busy series of tasks, but the rest of the afternoon should be relaxing and enjoyable. We're going to a friend's for a BBQ and pool party, so I plan on sitting in their pool with a beer and a plate of kabobs. Sweeeeet.

P.S. I think my car (1998 Honda Civic, aka "The Green Hornet") may finally be approaching its deathbed. It's been making a weird noise when it starts. *Sigh* It may finally be time to start looking for a new car...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the BBQ

Anonymous said...

You did have a busy morning. Haircut, that is something I really need, but I am going to chop a lot off after the marathon. I just need it long to toss up. I'm like you, a haircut is just that. Tthe wash is the best part.

Have a great time at the BBQ.

Viv said...

Hope the hard working runs become easier Jess. I hate when it's like that. anywhoo, LMAO at the Publix trip. There is no express lane in Florida last time I checked, hehehe!

Have a great time at the BBQ! Let us know how the long run goes tomorrow.

MN Mom said...

Obviously you don't shop at Kohl's if you don't see jeans under 30.00--you must go Kohl's will open up a whole new world....

Anonymous said...

I love the hair wash part of the haircut too. I'd pay them just to wash it LOL.

Have fun at the BBQ. Sound like more fun than my evening...

J~Mom said...

Sometimes I find jeans on sale at Gap for that price but you are right, jeans are pricey!!

Erin said...

The Green Hornet has been good to you but her time has passed. Time to adopt a new baby.

I may have to run to Old Navy tomorrow and look for some jeans. I need shirts for work but keep finding pants...

Aka Alice said...

I do love Old Navy Jeans...they are the best!

Sorry about the lame waxing...I'd have FREAKED!

Enjoy the kabobs and beer!

chia said...

Hope you and the Jer-bear had loads of fun at the BBQ!!! I *heart* labor day weekend - hope yours is going well.

L*I*S*A said...

Haven't you heard?

You live in the state officially named

"God's Waiting Room".

keith said...

The hornet's only 10 years old? That thing ought to run until at least 2018.

Enjoy the BBQ! I heart BBQ.

Marci said...

I love your pictures, looks like a fun time! I feel bad complaining about hot weather when you are in Florida sweating it out!!

Laurel said...

I sooooo do not miss the old Publix by my house in Miami.