TAT CN Header

Friday, May 09, 2008

Hot as Hades

I had a smokin 3 miler this evening...no, not particularly fast..."smokin" as in I thought I might burst into flames because it was so hot out! I waited until 7 pm, right when the sun was setting, but clearly, I'm gonna need to start pushing that hour back a little later. I didn't realize how warm it was until I got home and checked the temp and realized that the "feels like" temp was 89 degrees.

I'm pretty sure the only ones who like it that warm are the elderly. And Satan.

1: 9:18
2: 9:22
3: 9:32

Total Time: 28:13

Thank god it was only 3 miles; because when I returned, I was drenched in sweat and I could feel my face pulsing with heat. Now, I'm ensconced in air conditioned comfort, and I'm cooled off, but man alive, I'm not sure if the day will ever come when I get used to running in Florida's summer time heat!

22 comments:

Mary Gee said...

How exciting that you are doing the Colfax!!!! I was thinking about doing it....

Erin said...

I thought to myself this morning summer and humidity have arrived. Yuck! I am so glad this kid is going to be birthed before the forecast turns into: low 90, high 100, humidity 99% but no rain. I can't believe you run in this weather. I barely like walking from the house to the car!

MNFirefly said...

Nice splits!

ws said...

Nice run in this glorious Florida weather.

Is that why people were looking at me funny when I was wearing jeans? I wonder if I'm more satan or more elderly.

Anonymous said...

Stay hydrated in that heat.

gaj

TonyP said...

Wow...89 degrees and a great run. Well done.

Stuart said...

WOW toasty! You must be looking forward to the rainy season

Meg said...

I give you props for even doing it! I wouldn't have lasted a mile!

Unknown said...

You may not get used to running in the Florida summer heat, but you keep doing it anyway. Way to get it done!

Unknown said...

You may not get used to running in the Florida summer heat, but you keep doing it anyway. Way to get it done!

Viv said...

Great splits, Jess! It's hot here too. It's gonna be a long haul till October.

L*I*S*A said...

Let's trade...I'll run in the Florida heat and you can run in the Michigan cold. :)

Neese said...

hot damn that's hot! nice job gettin' thru it!

Unknown said...

It is a blessing that I don't live in retirement state aka Florida. It was 50 degrees this morning when I went for my run. I would imagine those Floridians would consider 50s too chilly. It was awesome. Drink plenty of fluids.

Kevin said...

Great job making it through the heat with decent splits.

Paul said...

Oh man I wish I had your heat right now. May gray has hit SD and I'm going to have to use a heater for heat training.

MN Mom said...

Now we know why they say--
Hell is for hero's.

Marcy said...

I hope the man "cooled you down" a bit ;-)

Awesome job my dear :-)

sRod said...

I actually miss training in South Florida because I can't tolerate heat anymore. I used to do 90 in the middle of the Miami summer. Now, I don't even try when it's that hot.

Anonymous said...

GReat job even in the heat.

keith said...

I don't know if I would enjoy running in that heat, either. Of course, it probably trumps our six months of winter up here.

In any case, I bet it makes you really heat-acclimated.

Anonymous said...

What I would give to be able to step out the door, regardless of the heat and humidity, and go for an easy three... It's not th einjury tht sucks -it's that lack of running. Stupid body.