TAT CN Header

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

5 Things

Today is a day of running rest -- so, no running to report. Thus, I thought it was a good opportunity to report my "5 things" that I've been tagged for. But because I think there's little about me that I haven't shared previously, I figure I'll go with the theme of "5" for this list:

1. I am 5 feet tall. Even.

2. I wear a size 5 shoe.

3. I am the oldest of 5 kids.

4. I have danced on tables (or on the bar) in bars in 5 different states: MN, FL, CO, WY, and MT.

5. When I was 5, we lived in Ft Carson, CO (my stepdad was in the Army), and I betrayed the orders of an MP (military police). See, at the intersection by the elementary school, there was an MP who directed traffic and always signaled to us children when it was okay for us to cross the road. One day, on a dare, I crossed against the MP's directions. I was so scared of what she would do to me that I ran all the way home from there. I can still hear her yelling: "You come back here!" I thought my mother would skewer me for that transgression, but thankfully, my parents never found out.

If you haven't been tagged, consider yourself tagged! All you have to do is list five random things about yourself -- you don't have to adhere to the theme of 5.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an impressive list of 5! I particularly like #4!! HAHA

ws said...

I like #5. Too bad you weren't five feet tall when you were five, that would be funny.

at least you didn't tag me, I think I'm out of random things too.

teacherwoman said...

love the 5 idea... I wonder if I have danced on 5 different tables/bars....hmmm...

Marcy said...

I'm going to do this tomorrow!! Thanks Jess! Sitting in a room full of seniors who have cataracts won't be for interesting posting.

The more important question is . . . .did you take off your clothes while dancing on tables and bars? :P

J~Mom said...

I love the 5!!

MNFirefly said...

I lived in Colorado Springs and TOTALLY know where Ft. Carson is (along with the other three bases in town too). The tables are best in MN to dance - HANDS DOWN!

Enjoy the rest day!

David said...

I'm surprised you didn't flip the MP the bird as you ran away. Oh wait, you were 5 at the time.

Great list. It almost reminded me of the movie "23" with Jim Carey. Well, without the pre-destined killer thing.

Lori said...

LMAO at your 5's! Particularly the bar dancing...you are a hoot!

Mendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura N said...

Fun list. I still can't get over how tiny you are. Size FIVE feet??? Nice run yesterday. Good looking splits.

Ian said...

I am disappointed to learn that you have danced on bar tables...

... mostly because I live in Colorado and I missed it! ;)

P.O.M. said...

Whoa. All those "5's" remind me of that movie "23." Scary.

A said...

Running away from the MP ... Ha! I bet she's still looking for you!

miss petite america said...

high 5 to your five.

finding size 5 shoes really must be a bitch!

Junie B said...

I see.

A runner since you were a toddler.

I knew it.

:)

WrunnerGal said...

I can't remember ever dancing on a table.

Rick said...

The MP's are probably still looking for you. You'll better lay low and get rid of that camera! They'll find you easy now that you've posted them on the WWW.

http://www.organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/