TAT CN Header

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Some Cross Training, Saturday Alarms, & a Dog in the Laundry

Yesterday afternoon I got home from class feeling beat from a busy first week back to school and a huge part of me wanted to bury myself in the cool covers and take a nice long nap, but instead, I resisted and I cleaned the house, did the laundry and even went to the gym and did my cross training. I went 30 minutes on the eliptical machine (and was next to a woman who reeked of cigarettes) and then lifted (arms and back).

And I was full of good intentions last night when I tucked myself into bed to get up early this morning and fit my run in before sun-up, but when the alarm went off at 6 am I said, "Please no!" and shut it off and returned to dreamland. This means I now I have to wait until this evening to go for my run because I don't want to do five miles on the treadmill -- that's just too awful for me.

That's about it for this Saturday. Took Scooter to the vet this morning for a regular check-up; poor little fella had to get a fecal test (nobody likes a stick up the butt), but he got four new toys so he's pretty happy now -- just chillin in the clean laundry.

4 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Poor Scooter. NO ONE likes to get their butt poked at all - much less dogs or cats.

I almost did the same thing with my run this morning, but I had to work today so I HAD to get up..now!

Good luck on the run tonight.

Iron Jayhawk said...

Poor puppy pants. :( But that photo is TOO TOO CUTE. It should definitely be worthy of your a desktop wallpaper. :)

hopefully your dreadmill run went okay.

Neese said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Neese said...

LOL!!! "nobody likes a stick up the butt" you are so right. poor pooch.