TAT CN Header

Saturday, August 12, 2006

29:52

A new PR for Jess! 29:52 (could be a few seconds less -- it was a "fun run" so there were no Champion Chips to record individual times)! My first mile was a little too fast (9 minutes exactly) and from there I got progressively slower. I passed the second mile marker at exactly 19 minutes and then barely got to the finish under the 30 minute mark, so I had a 9, then 10, and then 11 minute miles.

But despite my slowing throughout the race, instead of speeding up in the course, I am still very pleased with my time since it's my best so far. The last 5K I ran (back in February), was about 30:30 I think.

It was a good run, not too hot, and now I think I will shower and take a nap.

P.S. My digital camera is in its last days (it's dying a slow death), so I'm currently taking donations to buy a new one. I would prefer the new 7.0 pixel Sony Cybershot, so if everyone chips in about $20, I can have a new one within the week. Thanks. I promise to take better pictures (or really, I promise to have my husband take better pictures -- many thanks to him for getting up at 6 am to join me for the morning race!).

12 comments:

jkrunning--Just Keep Running said...

Congrats on the PR.

I'm shopping for a new digital camera too. Hubby is taking ours to Iraq with him, so I need to buy one to replace it.

neese said...

Jess that time is fantastic!!!! Congratulations on the PR!! I LOVE a nap after a race.. nothing better!

we really like the casio cameras. we each have one and my husband's son just bought the new 10MP. no complaints whatsoever. you may like the:

Casio Exilim EX-Z120 7.2MP Digital Camera with 3x Anti Shake Optical Zoom. $220 at amazon.com

Laurie said...

Awesome PR!

Ryan said...

Good work Jess. You really are a speeding bullet.

Nicole said...

Nice job on the race.

teacherwoman said...

Nice pic! Way to go on the PR! Sounds and looks like you enjoyed yourself!

Running Jayhawk said...

Hooray for PRs!!! Congrats my dear!!! :D

Running Jayhawk said...

Hooray for PRs!!! Congrats my dear!!! :D

pinaypower said...

awesome job!!! PRs + naps = true happiness :)

Kim said...

great job! :) PRs RULE!

Erin said...

Congrats! Great job on your run!

Double Congrats on getting that husband of yours out of bed before noon on a weekend too :) Just kidding!

Firefly's Running said...

Congrads. I set a PR too. It's SO awesome to do so.